Re: Bellewode Fighters

  • Katherine Schneider
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      Greetings,

      Last school year I failed at getting a regional fighting practice
      going, this year I would like to succeede. How do I find out what
      would be allowed on campus weapon wise? They are padded weapons, no
      metal, would they be allowed on campus, or would we need to find an
      alternate area? If we need to go off campus, where would be a good
      place...is there a park that would work? I do not know Kirksville well
      enough, that is why i am asking. Of course this is purely while the
      weather lasts, if we are allowed on campus, then the small gym would
      work for a practice since they have the mats, off campus, though, i
      have no ideas as to an indoor practice area.

      Clef of Cividale, what is a good day for a practice? I do not want to
      impose on any practices that might already be set up, this would only
      be about once a month, or so.

      Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated, thank you,

      ~Alessandra
    • Debbie Sullentrup

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          I know when I was Marshal I never had any problems
          fighting out on the quad. If we were lucky we could
          get the small gym in Pershing as well. Your biggest
          problem will be finding a place to park that's close
          to the fighting field, as lugging armor a long way
          sucks.

          Jacob the Singer

          --- Katherine Schneider <kls203@...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > Last school year I failed at getting a regional
          > fighting practice
          > going, this year I would like to succeede. How do I
          > find out what
          > would be allowed on campus weapon wise? They are
          > padded weapons, no
          > metal, would they be allowed on campus, or would we
          > need to find an
          > alternate area? If we need to go off campus, where
          > would be a good
          > place...is there a park that would work? I do not
          > know Kirksville well
          > enough, that is why i am asking. Of course this is
          > purely while the
          > weather lasts, if we are allowed on campus, then the
          > small gym would
          > work for a practice since they have the mats, off
          > campus, though, i
          > have no ideas as to an indoor practice area.
          >
          > Clef of Cividale, what is a good day for a practice?
          > I do not want to
          > impose on any practices that might already be set
          > up, this would only
          > be about once a month, or so.
          >
          > Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated,
          > thank you,
          >
          > ~Alessandra

          Yahoo! Sports
          http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2005
            Alessandra,

            As I mentioned in a private email - Helena and I are moving into a house
            this month. After we are moved in - and since we have some of the Bellewode
            stuff already (okay, everything minus fighter gear), I am going on a limb.
            I will discuss it with Helena but I am sure we can house any loaner gear we
            have as a group, or even the armor and weapons our Bellewode students can
            come up with. Getting access to it would not be that difficult and we are 2
            blocks from a city park.

            And we have enough room in the house and out back for post revels, so we
            should keep this in mind if you do the regional fighter practice as well.

            -Roberto

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Brian Romine
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2005
              In the past the university has had no problem with fighting on campus, we
              just told them, and they would usually send an officer around once or twice
              during the day, and we didn't have any problems. They have been more picky
              about letting us use any gyms. The small gym (if they will ley you use it)
              is a good idea, except that everyone will have to carry their gear a long
              way.
              Aylwin

            • jetdragon69
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
                I now work Tues, Wed, and Thurs nights. I do have my Armor out here
                now and would be willing to work with any Bellewodies as I have been
                a Fighter for 17 years now. If Practice is on a day I do not work, I
                will be there.

                -Eoin

                --- In SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com, Katherine Schneider
                <kls203@t...> wrote:
                > Greetings,
                >
                > Last school year I failed at getting a regional fighting practice
                > going, this year I would like to succeede. How do I find out what
                > would be allowed on campus weapon wise? They are padded weapons,
                no
                > metal, would they be allowed on campus, or would we need to find
                an
                > alternate area? If we need to go off campus, where would be a
                good
                > place...is there a park that would work? I do not know Kirksville
                well
                > enough, that is why i am asking. Of course this is purely while
                the
                > weather lasts, if we are allowed on campus, then the small gym
                would
                > work for a practice since they have the mats, off campus, though,
                > have no ideas as to an indoor practice area.
                >
                > Clef of Cividale, what is a good day for a practice? I do not
                want to
                > impose on any practices that might already be set up, this would
                only
                > be about once a month, or so.
                >
                > Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated, thank you,
                >
                > ~Alessandra
              • Sauer, Michael F.
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
                  I  don't know about anyone else, but almost any weekend
                  when there is an event in central iowa I could stop by
                  for fighter and/or dance practice on sunday.

                  Other times are possible too.

                  Conrad

[...]

                • Belle W
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005

                    SCA weapons are fine on campus we used to have fighter parctice and regional practice fairly regularly. We used the quad and the third floor of OP. I don't know if that room still exists however. The small gym would work well also. Belle

                    Work like you don't need the money.
                    Love like you've never been hurt.
                    Dance like nobody is watching.

                    From: Katherine Schneider <kls203@...>

[...]