New song

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2009
      So, having played this game for many years, it's about time I tried putting out a song. Apologies in advance to those who get this twice.

      What Did You Learn On The Field Today?
      TTTO: What Did You Learn In School Today? by Tom Paxton
      Lyrics: Jacob the Singer (mka Harry Coburn)

      What did you learn on the field today, bold new fighter of mine?
      I learned how to fight and not get killed
      I learned how to use a sword and shield
      I learned that the Marshals give commands
      On when to properly use rattan
      And that's what I learned on the field today
      That's what I learned out there

      What did you learn in the tourney today, bold new fighter of mine?
      I learned about honor and chivalry
      I learned how to fall when he hits me
      I learned that heralds speak very strange
      When they introduce fighters with shields to blaze
      And that's what I learned in tourney today
      That's what I learned out there

      What did you learn at Lilies today, bold new fighter of mine?
      I learned that melee is really loud
      With noise and shatter and awful sound
      But I'm gonna go and fight some more
      Cause I want to fight well at Pennsic War
      And that's what I learned at Lillies today,
      That's what I learned out there

      What did you learn at Pennsic today, bold new fighter of mine?
      I learned that the army sings great songs
      The populus comes and sings along
      And someday I might get my wish
      to hit a Tuchux and hear him squish
      And that's what I learned at Pennsic today
      That's what I learned out there

      *gets ready to dodge tomatoes!* :)
      Jacob the Singer
    • Cassandra White