Event Information

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2009
      My apologies for not getting more info to the list sooner. I had wanted to, but the school's server (which I used to send out various emails and make some notes on) is currently down.  I am not sure when that is going to come back up (could be in an hour, could be days... sigh) so I am going to post what information I do know.  Please note that this is privileged information. I plan on informing various persons and lists as soon as I can, but I ask that until you see some email from me outside this list that it is not mentioned, save to say that you know that Bellewode is doing an event on January 30.  Thank you.

      After some discussion, looking at the Kingdom Calendar, looking at the University Calendar, and looking at where Easter falls Bellewode decided to hold its normal event (if any event can be called normal).  The autocrat for this event will be myself.  We hope to not only run an event like year's past, but to add some things as well.  Three things being looked at are:  Regional fighter practice to gear up for Estrella; various competitions that fit our theme of heraldry, scribal arts, and dance; and an inn ran for lunch.

      Our event date has already been approved my the Kingdom Reeve, so now I just need to wait for the server to come back and write a few more emails.

    • Belle
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2009
        Will the event be held on campus? If so how will the Inn work?
        Thanks,
        Isabeau

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2009
          Do you mean in regards to Sodexho?  There was a rumor that food must be approved through them if you want to sell it on campus.  This is not the case.  The only place Sodexho has control over is the SUB.

          As far as room for the inn, that is something we will have to look into. Right now we are considering a different hall besides Baldwin.  This will be needed if we are to hold a regional fighter practice since I am not expecting fighters want to practice in late January in Bellewode.... OUCH!  One thing we will have to wait for is the for the CSI to open up reservations for the spring semester.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2009
            Oh, that was just a rumor? Awesome!
            --Isabella

            From: Belle <better_fencer@...>Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:20:26 AM

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2009
              Yup, last I heard Sodexho had rights to all food sold for on campus. You could do food for free, but not for sale. If that only applys to teh SUB then that is great.
              Isabeau