Sewing Night

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
      So the sewing night is tomorrow.  Here is the game plan:

      I plan on being there at around five in the second floor lounge (that big open place with glass on two sides).  People can start showing up then if they want to use my stuff (sewing machine, scissors, etc).  Come and leave whenever is convenient.  I do plan on taking care of a few things of administrata at around 6 pm (mostly dealing with CSI).  I plan on staying until around 10ish, or until the last person leaves, whichever is earlier.  What can you bring?  You can bring your own projects and any sewing supplies you may have (machine, needles, thread, scissors, chalk, etc.).  Remember that a slightly large shirt should help with getting the shape of your tunic down.  Any questions?  Email them to the list.

      Ermenrich

    • Belle
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2009
        Just checking on the kind of tunic you guys are making. A rectangular construction viking tunic is really just about as easy as a T-tunic, with the much added bonus that it is actually period. I kind of wish I had checked my messages before corronation, I could have given you guys the class and notes on it.

        Here is a good website on the shape of the pieces you need to make one.

        Concentrate on the top few that are simple. The little squares that go in the armpits are called gussets and they make these garment much more comfortable. the triangles that go in the side slits are called gores, they are not necessary you could just have open slits on the sides, but they look nice.

        When is your next garb night? I might be able to come up and help, or at least make sure the easy, easy version of the handout makes it up there.

        Also, much congratualtions to those of you who got awards on Sat. if I didn't get to tell you in person. They were richly deserved.

        YIS,
        Isabeau

        So the sewing night is tomorrow.  Here is the game plan:

        I plan on being there at around five in the second floor lounge (that big open place with glass on two sides).  People can start showing up then if they want to use my stuff (sewing machine, scissors, etc).  Come and leave whenever is convenient.  I do plan on taking care of a few things of administrata at around 6 pm (mostly dealing with CSI).  I plan on staying until around 10ish, or until the last person leaves, whichever is earlier.  What can you bring?  You can bring your own projects and any sewing supplies you may have (machine, needles, thread, scissors, chalk, etc.).  Remember that a slightly large shirt should help with getting the shape of your tunic down.  Any questions?  Email them to the list.

        Ermenrich

      • Justin Crouch (Leonardus O)

          So the sewing night is tomorrow.  Here is the game plan:

          I plan on being there at around five in the second floor lounge (that big open place with glass on two sides).  People can start showing up then if they want to use my stuff (sewing machine, scissors, etc).  Come and leave whenever is convenient.  I do plan on taking care of a few things of administrata at around 6 pm (mostly dealing with CSI).  I plan on staying until around 10ish, or until the last person leaves, whichever is earlier.  What can you bring?  You can bring your own projects and any sewing supplies you may have (machine, needles, thread, scissors, chalk, etc.).  Remember that a slightly large shirt should help with getting the shape of your tunic down.  Any questions?  Email them to the list.

          di vos incolumes custodiant

          For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight. It is for them that I die.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2009
            My guess is the second Thursday of next month.  We have not yet officially set it up yet.