Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Re: Camping on the Quad and Welcome/Welcome-back event

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 15, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB
    You guys make me so happy. :D

    And no we don't. Just FYI, you guys, we will have Ermenrich and Kasha's tent and shade fly, as well as my tent. My tent will be used for housing the art and General SCA tables, and we can keep all our stuff out of sight in Kasha's tent. I'm planning on bringing a cooler of drinks for everyone, so if you guys want to bring some kind of small snacks, like cookies or something, that would be good.

    Kasha and I were brainstorming today and we've decided it would be an awesome idea to have some kind of sample of medieval food to hand out.
    Also at some point I will be briefing you guys about How to Sell The Product. Also, I have made up a list of majors and paired them with various SCA activities or areas of interest. I have attached it to this email, so please familiarize yourself with it. It could be a very important asset when trying to make conversation with a potential!

    You guys are doing my poor old heart good, you know that? Keep up being awesome! Remember, our acquisition goal for this semester is 5 seriously dedicated new members! Keep it in the back of your mind, and if you have any more ideas, I would be happy to hear them!

    --Isabella

    On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Allison Bannister <acb8251@...> wrote:

    Yes, singing songs sounds like much fun.  I'll grab my viola and sheet music if other people are interested in playing in front of the tent some of the time.  I have also started to learn to play the guitar this summer, and sometime this year (probably not before this event) I will learn chords for some SCA songs.

    Also, just checking, do we have/need any kind of official permission from the school to set up a tent on the quad?

    Eira

  • Cassandra White
    Message 2 of 21 , Aug 16, 2009
      I also used some of my time this summer to memorize more songs and i'l  definately play with you allison!

      On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Allison Bannister <acb8251@...> wrote:

      Yes, singing songs sounds like much fun.  I'll grab my viola and sheet music if other people are interested in playing in front of the tent some of the time.  I have also started to learn to play the guitar this summer, and sometime this year (probably not before this event) I will learn chords for some SCA songs.

      Also, just checking, do we have/need any kind of official permission from the school to set up a tent on the quad?

      Eira

    • Justin Crouch (Leonardus O)
      Message 3 of 21 , Aug 22, 2009
        I have a draw knife now...I will bring it and my bow and bow stave and work on the stave if weather is permitting...and by permitting, no rain, low humidity...I can leave the draw knife, but the stave and bow I will have to take back to my room...and since there is no strings on them, it's alright to keep them in there. I think...

        Leonardus
        di vos incolumes custodiant

        For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight. It is for them that I die.

        Message 4 of 21 , Aug 22, 2009
          You might want to check with DPS over what they allow you to have on campus before you bring it...

          Ermenrich

          Message 5 of 21 , Aug 22, 2009
            Agreed. I thought knives with blades of +4" weren't allowed on campus?

            --Isabella