Re: [SCA_Bellewode] OT: Looking for places in Kirksville

  • Justin Crouch
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 14, 2009
      Well you were right on reasons why I thought about it...I have wondered what i would do with it once Im done and Im not sure. Didn't think about capstoneclass at all, is it really time consuming for all majors? I believe I am safe on a job, the place I am looking at is having trouble with people staying with them, and my aunt is a manager down here, Im fairly positive I have the job. I have been talking to a realtor and asking questions...getting knowledged on the subject before I do anything. And this was a reason why I went to Bellewode for advice, because you have been through the situations and you guys are keeping an eye out for me...right? =D lol...but thanks for the advice, I diffently will be thinking about a few of the things.

      Leonardus
      di vos incolumes custodiant

      For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight. It is for them that I die.

      On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Alexandra Rowland <ajr1643@...> wrote:

      Wow, great advice, you guys!

      Leonardis, I'm planning on moving into an apartment next May or June, and I've started shopping around--they are quite cheap. If you can get a roommate, you can get one for about $323 each per month, not counting food, but including all utilities, garbage, etc.
      --Isabella

      On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Amy Dickemper <ozark_amy@...> wrote:

      Dear Leonardis,

      Be ABSOLUTELY sure that purchasing a house is what you want to do.  In the Best of economic situations houses in Kirksville don't sell quickly.  Think about what will happen in three years when you graduate, will you conitnue to live in Kirksville while you wait for your house to sell?  Having experienced the process of purchasing and owning a house in Kirksville think very carefully about this decision before you go and buy a house.  Houses in Kirksville are very hit and miss.  Work with a Realtor to look at houses, don't do the work yourself.  Shop around for inspectors and hire the most reputable inspector in town to inspect the property before you buy.  And think about working to make the mortgage payment while attempting to complete you senior seminar.  Most college students struggle working for rent and managing thier capstone class.  Also, considering current economic conditions, the potential for losing your job unexpectedly make homebuying risky.  Be aware that if you buy a house you cannot afford it will make life very difficult long after the house is gone.  Esa and I will be struggleing to get credit anywhere for the next 5-10 years because of my house.  I realize there were alot of very specific things that when wrong in our lives all at once, but three years ago when i bought the house my situation was not that different from yours.  I thought buying a house would save on rent and build equity, It would give me some stability, i would be in charge and not dealing with a landlord, i could decorate and change things as i liked.  There were many reasons buying a house sounded like a good idea, but it was not a decision i thought through to its conclusion.  Before you set yourself on buying a house be VERY sure you are ready for the responsibility and headaches that come with homeownership.  And create a budget before you buy, making sur e you can afford your monthly payments without compromising your current standard of living.  If your payments on the loan are greater than 30% of your monthly income you are likely going to struggle with balancing your budget each month.  Good luck and best wishes

      Ulfkel and Esa

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 14, 2009
        I know for the PHRE major it is! Senior Seminar is tough for that major. You meet a few times the semester before you take it so you can read over the summer.

        Harry

        On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Amy Dickemper <ozark_amy@hotmail. com> wrote:

[...]

      • Katherine Schneider
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16, 2009
          I am not sure if it has been taken yet but the apartment that Adam & myself lived in last year is small and cheap.  It's 402 E. McPherson St. Apt. C.  The rent for that apartment was $250 a month.  The owner did change so you will have to ask for the new price if there is one.  (We also didn't have to pay for water).  The new owner is Michael Waddington his e-mail is waddington.michael@...  if you would like to contact him.

           ~Alessandra