Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Re: A brilliant Lilies idea

  • Justin Crouch
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 4, 2009
      Does anyone want the next verse...I may have a beginning...

      Top knight, new king...

      Leonardus

      On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Justin Crouch <jwc1686@...> wrote:
      How bout we switch the last phrase to Calon Man, i dont know the tune, but does it fit the tune better? it seems to fit the phrasing better

      Gold Chain, Mail Rings
      I am killing with a single swing
      Water break, thick stick
      When I regen Im gonna do you in
      youll go runnin just as quick as you can
      cause ever ladys crazy bout a Calon Man

      On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Harry Coburn <venkateshvara@...> wrote:

      I suddenly feel incredibly old...

      Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top, released in 1983.

      Hang on the nurse is calling me. Time for my Geritol.. maybe she'll let me have nilla wafers this time too. What's your name again?

      Jacob the suddenly-senile Singer

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 4, 2009
        k, ill give it a listen thru

        On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Harry Coburn <venkateshvara@...> wrote:

        Hrm.. Can go either way there. The phrasing of each verse is a little altered too with each one, so there's room for it to flex. Take a listen when you get home and we'll talk on it.

        Jacob the Singer

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 4, 2009
          Wait, second verse last line, doesn't make sense with the line before...heres the new one

          youll go runnin just as quick as you can
          cause ever soldiers scared 'gainst* a Calon Man
          *against w/o the first syllable...not sure if this slimming of words is common or not.

          Leonardus

          --
          di vos incolumes custodiant

          For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight. It is for them that I die.
        • Eric Scott
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 4, 2009
            You are all dead to me.

            -Aldheim

            On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Justin Crouch <jwc1686@...> wrote:

            Wait, second verse last line, doesn't make sense with the line before...heres the new one

            youll go runnin just as quick as you can
            cause ever soldiers scared 'gainst* a Calon Man
            *against w/o the first syllable...not sure if this slimming of words is common or not.

            Leonardus

            --
            di vos incolumes custodiant

            For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight. It is for them that I die.

            "A fact of life: we're going to die. Be of good heart, cry the dead artists out of the living past. Our songs will all be silenced, but what of it? Go on singing."

            -Orson Welles

            The Flow and the Ebb: lofro.livejournal.com
          • Justin Crouch

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 4, 2009
                    So not only are we medieval classic rockers, but we're undead too? SWEET!

                    Besides, this is mild. I've heard SCA filks of Nine Inch Nails' "Closer". Yes, it's atrociously bad.

                    *gdr*
                    Jacob the fleeing-very-fast Singer