Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Re: President

  • Justin Crouch
    Message 1 of 21 , May 13, 2009
      Wouldn't whoever takes it over have to sign some paperwork...so I would
      say since Isabella is there for the summer, make her tempory president
      until a deputy is decided.

      That seems the most logical. Gotta love the Spock method.

      Leonardus

      Nathanael Dollar wrote:

      >This is fine with me, but I would really like to have a Truman student
      to change it over to right now, as I am no longer a student and I don't
      really want to have to deal with Truman on this for very much longer.
      If you could either find someone now to do this pretty soon, or else
      have me pick someone to be a temp. president until a deputy is found
      that would be great.

      <mateoalanohombrealtopezold@...> wrote:

      >From: Matthew Lagemann <mateoalanohombrealtopezold@...>
      >Subject: Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Re: President
      >To: SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com
      >Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 6:59 AM

      > Sorry for being so quiet on this list lately.  The school year is
      wrapping up for me and life is becoming hectic.... again....

      >In the past Seneschal and President have been the same person.  This
      only recently changed because I was Seneschal, but not TSU student.  By
      TSU rules the president of a campus organization has to be a student.
      So the president's job is VERY minimal.  Here is what I would like to
      suggest.  This next year will be my last as Seneschal.  I would like to
      step down sometime around January or February so the new Seneschal has
      a chance at the helm with someone still there who has done the job.  It
      would also be convenient that the jobs of Seneschal and President merge
      back together.  So if you are interested in taking over
      > the leadership role of Seneschal email me privately.  I will discuss
      via email, phone, etc. with each person what the responsibilities
      entail and choose a deputy to trainnext semester.  That person must be
      a paid member before being an official deputy (though I can still train
      someone who is not a paid member, they just won't have any authority as
      a deputy).  This should lead to a smooth transition when I step down
      and keep the executive officer of the SCA group and the campus group
      together.

      >In Service,
      >Ermenrich
      >(Who is off to Burlington, Iowa with the seniors for a day of laser tag
      and go carts...)

      ----------------------
      Leonardus de Bellewode
      Justin W. Crouch
      Message 2 of 21 , May 13, 2009

        If I understood Ermenrich’s original statement, I think he’s hoping to get that deputy now, so he can train them (being in town over the summer to learn things would not hurt, but I don’t think it’d be necessary either) before the changeover in January or so.

        So, if people pitch in for it now, I don’t think you’d have to go the temp route, get the deputy in, and then not have to worry about it?

        Just trying to help.

        -Roberto

        href="mailto:mateoalanohombrealtopezold%40yahoo.com">mateoalanohombrealtopezold@...>

        <ncd121@...> wrote:

        >>> Well, I'll let you guys figure out who is going to be president,
        just

        >let me know who it's going to be so I can change the info with the CSI.
        >
        >>> Thanks,
        >
        >>> --Ewen
        >

        >>> --- In SCA_Bellewode@ yahoogroups. com, Alexandra Rowland
        <ajr1643@>

        Ceolwyn. :D

        >ask

        >Dr.

        >surprising

        ----------------------
        Leonardus de Bellewode
        Justin W. Crouch

      • Nathanael Dollar
        Message 3 of 21 , May 13, 2009
          I don't think there is any paper work to sign, at least not right away.
          --Ewen

          <mateoalanohombrealt opezold@yahoo. com> wrote:

          >From: Matthew Lagemann <mateoalanohombrealt opezold@yahoo. com>
          >Subject: Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Re: President
          >To: SCA_Bellewode@ yahoogroups. com
          >Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 6:59 AM

          > Sorry for being so quiet on this list lately.  The school year is
          wrapping up for me and life is becoming hectic.... again....

          >In the past Seneschal and President have been the same person.  This
          only recently changed because I was Seneschal, but not TSU student.  By
          TSU rules the president of a campus organization has to be a student.
          So the president's job is VERY minimal.  Here is what I would like to
          suggest.  This next year will be my last as Seneschal.  I would like to
          step down sometime around January or February so the new Seneschal has
          a chance at the helm with someone still there who has done the job.  It
          would also be convenient that the jobs of Seneschal and President merge
          back together.  So if you are interested in taking over
          > the leadership role of Seneschal email me privately.  I will discuss
          via email, phone, etc. with each person what the responsibilities
          entail and choose a deputy to trainnext semester.  That person must be
          a paid member before being an official deputy (though I can still train
          someone who is not a paid member, they just won't have any authority as
          a deputy).  This should lead to a smooth transition when I step down
          and keep the executive officer of the SCA group and the campus group
          together.

          >In Service,
          >Ermenrich
          >(Who is off to Burlington, Iowa with the seniors for a day of laser tag
          and go carts...)

          Leonardus de Bellewode
          Justin W. Crouch