Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Archery...

  • Justin Crouch
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
      Not sure yet, are there certain ones I should get? My grandfather has a
      bunch that he hunts with, but I don't think they are the right
      length...since they are used for compound bows...

      Leonardus

      Kat Pogatshnik wrote:

      >Remember that you can't keep the bow on campus unless you check it into
      >DPS. They have a locker that they will keep it in (sadly it's
      >upright). You can check it in and out when you are going to practice.
      >We do have some archery equipment. I believe that Eoin still has it,
      >not positive though. There should be two or three bows and a set of
      >practice arrows... possibly a target and some finger tabs. If you find
      >a brown leather arm guard it's mine.
      >
      >Also, where are you getting your arrows from?
      >
      > ~Alessandra
      >

      >Justin Crouch wrote:
      >

      >>Kasha was it you that I spoke with, or Esa, about going to 1000Hills
      >>and doing some archery stuff? I will be purchasing a bow tomorrow I
      >>believe, and it should get to TSU within a week-ish...and I was
      >>wondering if you were still interested in it...(whomever it was I was
      >>speaking to)
      >>
      >>Leonardus the Gleeman
      >>
      >>----------------------
      >>Leonardus de Bellewode
      >>Justin W. Crouch

      ----------------------
      Leonardus de Bellewode
      Justin W. Crouch
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
        If anyone needs a place to store their archery equipment off campus let me know.

        Ermenrich

        Kat Pogatshnik wrote:

        >Remember that you can't keep the bow on campus unless you check it into
        >DPS. They have a locker that they will keep it in (sadly it's
        >upright). You can check it in and out when you are going to practice.
        >We do have some archery equipment. I believe that Eoin still has it,
        >not positive though. There should be two or three bows and a set of
        >practice arrows... possibly a target and some finger tabs. If you find
        >a brown leather arm guard it's mine.
        >
        >Also, where are you getting your arrows from?
        >
        > ~Alessandra
        >

        >Justin Crouch wrote:
        >

        >>Kasha was it you that I spoke with, or Esa, about going
        to 1000Hills
        >>and doing some archery stuff? I will be purchasing a bow tomorrow I
        >>believe, and it should get to TSU within a week-ish...and I was
        >>wondering if you were still interested in it...(whomever it was I was
        >>speaking to)
        >>
        >>Leonardus the Gleeman
        >>
        >>---------- --------- ---
        >>Leonardus de Bellewode
        >>Justin W. Crouch

        ------------ --------- -
        Leonardus de Bellewode
        Justin W. Crouch

      • Kat Pogatshnik
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
          I got my bow and also get my arrows from Elk Ridge Archery. The Adult
          Arrows. This is mostly because they sell at Lillies War and commonly
          make arrows for SCA purposes. For your first several sets I wouldn't
          go with the period arrows, cedar shafts work good and you will loose
          arrows and tips... just a fact of life.

          For proper length take a long ruler and rest one end on the center of
          your upper chest. hold the other end between your fingertips with your
          arms stretched out (parallel to the ground). The measurement where
          your fingertips end on the ruler (+ maybe a half inch) is the length
          you need.

          ~Alessandra

          Justin Crouch wrote:

          >Not sure yet, are there certain ones I should get? My grandfather has a
          >bunch that he hunts with, but I don't think they are the right
          >length...since they are used for compound bows...
          >
          >Leonardus
          >

          >Kat Pogatshnik wrote:
          >

          >>Remember that you can't keep the bow on campus unless you check it into
          >>DPS. They have a locker that they will keep it in (sadly it's
          >>upright). You can check it in and out when you are going to practice.
          >>We do have some archery equipment. I believe that Eoin still has it,
          >>not positive though. There should be two or three bows and a set of
          >>practice arrows... possibly a target and some finger tabs. If you find
          >>a brown leather arm guard it's mine.
          >>
          >>Also, where are you getting your arrows from?
          >>
          >> ~Alessandra
          >>

          >>Justin Crouch wrote:
          >>

          >>>Kasha was it you that I spoke with, or Esa, about going to 1000Hills
          >>>and doing some archery stuff? I will be purchasing a bow tomorrow I
          >>>believe, and it should get to TSU within a week-ish...and I was
          >>>wondering if you were still interested in it...(whomever it was I was
          >>>speaking to)
          >>>
          >>>Leonardus the Gleeman
          >>>
          >>>----------------------
          >>>Leonardus de Bellewode
          >>>Justin W. Crouch
          >>>

          >----------------------
          >Leonardus de Bellewode
          >Justin W. Crouch

        • Justin Crouch
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
            Thanks for the advice.

            Leo

            Kat Pogatshnik wrote:

            >I got my bow and also get my arrows from Elk Ridge Archery. The Adult
            >Arrows. This is mostly because they sell at Lillies War and commonly
            >make arrows for SCA purposes. For your first several sets I wouldn't
            >go with the period arrows, cedar shafts work good and you will loose
            >arrows and tips... just a fact of life.
            >
            >For proper length take a long ruler and rest one end on the center of
            >your upper chest. hold the other end between your fingertips with your
            >arms stretched out (parallel to the ground). The measurement where
            >your fingertips end on the ruler (+ maybe a half inch) is the length
            >you need.
            >
            > ~Alessandra
            >

            >Justin Crouch wrote:
            >

            >>Not sure yet, are there certain ones I should get? My grandfather has a
            >>bunch that he hunts with, but I don't think they are the right
            >>length...since they are used for compound bows...
            >>
            >>Leonardus
            >>

            >>Kat Pogatshnik wrote:
            >>

            >>>Remember that you can't keep the bow on campus unless you check it into
            >>>DPS. They have a locker that they will keep it in (sadly it's
            >>>upright). You can check it in and out when you are going to practice.
            >>>We do have some archery equipment. I believe that Eoin still has it,
            >>>not positive though. There should be two or three bows and a set of
            >>>practice arrows... possibly a target and some finger tabs. If you find
            >>>a brown leather arm guard it's mine.
            >>>
            >>>Also, where are you getting your arrows from?
            >>>
            >>> ~Alessandra

            >>----------------------
            >>Leonardus de Bellewode
            >>Justin W. Crouch

            ----------------------
            Leonardus de Bellewode
            Justin W. Crouch
          • Justin Crouch
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
              And I probably will take you up on the offer Ermenrich.
              I just have to wait for the money to be deposited into my paypal
              sometime today.

              ----------------------
              Leonardus de Bellewode
              Justin W. Crouch
            • pitykelfin
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
                It was me. I have a bow (not period-correct, sadly, but I bought a cheap one to practice with), but I need a new bowstring and more arrows. Let's talk tomorrow night at the meeting (which will be dancing in our regular room in BH) and set up a time to go practice. :)

                --Kasha
              • Justin Crouch
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
                  Sorry if I already sent a response...I honestly can't remember.

                  That sounds great.
                  My bow won't be here till next week sometime though. XD Im so
                  happy...giddy is more like it but ya, Diania(Di-an-ya) [meaning
                  belonging to the goddess Diana, in latin.] is her name

                  pitykelfin wrote:

                  >It was me. I have a bow (not period-correct, sadly, but I bought a
                  cheap one to practice with), but I need a new bowstring and more
                  arrows. Let's talk tomorrow night at the meeting (which will be
                  dancing in our regular room in BH) and set up a time to go practice. :)

                  >--Kasha

                  Leonardus de Bellewode
                  Justin W. Crouch