Re: [SCA_Bellewode] President?

  • Justin Crouch
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
      call me when you are ready to go...217-430-8225
      ill be at ryle hall

      Nathanael Dollar wrote:

      >Yeah, I can do it, just let me know when and where.
      >--Ewen
      >

      >Justin Crouch wrote:
      >

      >>Quick Question...is there anyone that may be able to give Allison and I
      >>a ride to the meeting tonight?
      >>

      >>Harry Coburn wrote:
      >>

      >>>Silverwing's Laws #7
      >>>
      >>>If you say you're it, and no one else says they're it, and everyone
      >>thinks you're it, then you're it. (The Virtual Warrant Principle)
      >>>
      >>>Jacob the Singer
      >>>

      >>>________________________________

      ----------------------
      Leonardus de Bellewode
      Justin W. Crouch
    • fire_swirl5
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
        Think I can get in on that ride tonight?
        - Keara

        --- In SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com, Justin Crouch <jwc1686@...>
        wrote:

        > call me when you are ready to go...217-430-8225
        > ill be at ryle hall
        >

        > Nathanael Dollar wrote:
        >

        > >Yeah, I can do it, just let me know when and where.
        > >--Ewen
        > >

        > >Justin Crouch wrote:
        > >

        > >>Quick Question...is there anyone that may be able to give Allison
        and I
        > >>a ride to the meeting tonight?

        > >>thinks you're it, then you're it. (The Virtual Warrant Principle)

      • Nathanael Dollar
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
          Sure, just let me know when and where to pick you up.

        • robert Trinitie TCh.
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 30, 2009
            Question,

            Back in the early mists of time when Kirksville had the
            shire of thousand hills......
            We considered the Seneschal to be the "president"
            because he / she was the "legal" repr. of the group
            in SCA speak?

            Out of curiosity, Has this changed?

            TTFN
            Robert Trinitie The Chickenhearted, etc and so on
            Kingdom of An-Tir, Shire of Wyewood. Home of Bubba
            the bat winged hamster. www.wyewood.org

            The SCA floats on a sea of jellied traditions.
            Surrounded by shoals of well ground axes,
            and a herd of dead horses.
            -- Robert Trinitie The Chickenhearted. AS: teens -

            ADDENDUM: ... and scented with the aroma of Biffy Mints.
            --  wishes to remain unknown AS:42  --

            Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works.
          • Anne McKinney
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 30, 2009
              In the late 90s (pretty close to the early mists of time) when Bellewode was forming as an incipient college in Calontir, the campus organization changed its name from "the SCA" to the Society for the Study of Medieval Culture to avoid any confusion with the much larger international SCA.

              This is not so unusual for university-based SCA groups; the shire of Wurm Wald located at the University of Illinois (where I'm at now) has a separate campus organization identity as the Chambana Medievalist Association. Red tape for campus organizations doesn't always play nicely with red tape for the SCA...

              Sofya
              Former SSMC President
              I'm not dead yet!

              To: sca_bellewode@yahoogroups.com
              From: trinitietch@...
              Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:06:28 -0800
              Subject: [SCA_Bellewode] Re: President?

              Question,

              Back in the early mists of time when Kirksville had the
              shire of thousand hills......
              We considered the Seneschal to be the "president"
              because he / she was the "legal" repr. of the group
              in SCA speak?

              Out of curiosity, Has this changed?

              TTFN
              Robert Trinitie The Chickenhearted, etc and so on
              Kingdom of An-Tir, Shire of Wyewood. Home of Bubba
              the bat winged hamster. www.wyewood. org

              The SCA floats on a sea of jellied traditions.
              Surrounded by shoals of well ground axes,
              and a herd of dead horses.
              -- Robert Trinitie The Chickenhearted. AS: teens -

              ADDENDUM: ... and scented with the aroma of Biffy Mints.
              --  wishes to remain unknown AS:42  --

              Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works.

              Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 30, 2009

                Not to mention if you are a student group, your ‘president’ has to be a student, while the Seneschal, well you get my drift.

                It worked this way in the Marche of Unicorn in Midrealm where I Started as well.

                -Roberto

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 30, 2009
                  Ermenrich is considered president but for things concerning the
                  university the highest officer who is a current TSU student is the
                  "president". :-)

                  ~Alessandra

                  Name: image001.jpg
                  Type: image/jpeg