Queen's Prize

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 3, 2009
      I hope that everyone is enjoying the winter between semesters. Coming up in one week's time is Queen's Prize in Iowa. If you are planning to attend and would like to coordinate rides, please post here. Let us know how many in your group is going, if you are willing to drive, and how many people you can hold. Obviously the fewer vehicles we take the better. For those that do not start school until Sunday, you can always drive up to K-ville late Friday or early saturday, crash somewhere, and drive up to QP with people with plenty of time to move back in on Sunday.

      S0, I will be going with my lady wife and we may have one non Scadian attending as an accompanist. We will also need room in a trunk for a keyboard. Our vehicle can hold five.

      Ermenrich
    • Justin Crouch
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 3, 2009
        I would like to go...but if I go up Friday/Saturday I would have to
        bring my stuff up...do they unlock the doors before Sunday? or does
        anyone know...or is there a place I could put it...as far as how much
        stuff I have is the issue I am thinking about, cuz there is a bit...I
        may ask if i can get a ride up there Friday and see if they could drive
        back up...but with gas on the rise again here...idk if they would.

        Matthew Lagemann wrote:

        >I hope that everyone is enjoying the winter between semesters. Coming
        up in one week's time is Queen's Prize in Iowa. If you are planning to
        attend and would like to coordinate rides, please post here. Let us
        know how many in your group is going, if you are willing to drive, and
        how many people you can hold. Obviously the fewer vehicles we take the
        better. For those that do not start school until Sunday, you can
        always drive up to K-ville late Friday or early saturday, crash
        somewhere, and drive up to QP with people with plenty of time to move
        back in on Sunday.

        >S0, I will be going with my lady wife and we may have one non Scadian
        attending as an accompanist. We will also need room in a trunk for a
        keyboard. Our vehicle can hold five.

        >Ermenrich

        ----------------------
        Leonardus de Bellewode
        Justin W. Crouch
      • Kat Pogatshnik
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 4, 2009
          I'm going (I might get Adam to go). Also, if anyone is in town Friday
          evening and would like to dance on Saturday at Queen's Prize, let me
          know :) ...oh, I'm going up on Saturday (day-tripping). My car has
          room for potentially 3 more and I will probably have room in my trunk
          for a keyboard if needed... unless we all fit in one vehicle, then my
          lap is more than happy to have a keyboard on it for 3 hours :)

          ~Alessandra

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 4, 2009

            I too need dancers, though I would say that it is pretty easy to learn.

            Ermenrich

            Justin Crouch wrote:

            >I would like to go...but if I go up Friday/Saturday I would have to
            >bring my stuff up...do they unlock the doors before Sunday? or does
            >anyone know...or is there a place I could put it...as far as how much
            >stuff I have is the issue I am thinking about, cuz there is a bit...I
            >may ask if i can get a ride up there Friday and see if they could drive
            >back up...but with gas on the rise again here...idk if they would.
            >

            >Matthew Lagemann wrote:
            >

            >>I hope that everyone is enjoying the winter between semesters. Coming
            >up in one week's time is Queen's Prize in Iowa. If you are planning to
            >attend and would like to coordinate rides, please post here. Let us
            >know how many in your group is going, if you are willing to drive, and
            >how many people you can hold. Obviously the fewer vehicles we take the
            >better. For those that do not start school until Sunday, you can
            >always drive up to K-ville late Friday or early saturday, crash
            >somewhere, and drive up to QP with people with plenty of time to move
            >back in on Sunday.
            >>
            >>S0, I will be going with my lady wife and we may have one non Scadian
            >attending as an accompanist. We will also need room in a trunk for a
            >keyboard. Our vehicle can hold five.
            >>
            >>Ermenrich
            >>

            >----------- --------- --
            >Leonardus de Bellewode
            >Justin W. Crouch

          • Amy Coskey
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 4, 2009
              Ulfkil and I are going, but we need to ride with someone.  We can have gas money for you on monday after when we get paid.

              -Esa

              Amy L. Coskey

              To: SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com
              From: mateoalanohombrealtopezold@...
              Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:51:21 -0800

              Justin Crouch wrote:

              >I would like to go...but if I go up Friday/Saturday I would have to
              >bring my stuff up...do they unlock the doors before Sunday? or does
              >anyone know...or is there a place I could put it...as far as how much
              >stuff I have is the issue I am thinking about, cuz there is a bit...I
              >may ask if i can get a ride up there Friday and see if they could drive
              >back up...but with gas on the rise again here...idk if they would.
              >

              >Matthew Lagemann wrote:
              >

              >>I hope that everyone is enjoying the winter between semesters. Coming
              >up in one week's time is Queen's Prize in Iowa. If you are planning to
              >attend and would like to coordinate rides, please post here. Let us
              >know how many in your group is going, if you are willing to drive, and
              >how many people you can hold. Obviously the fewer vehicles we take the
              >better. For those that do not start school until Sunday, you can
              >always drive up to K-ville late Friday or early saturday, crash
              >somewhere, and drive up to QP with people with plenty of time to move
              >back in on Sunday.
              >>
              >>S0, I will be going with my lady wife and we may have one non Scadian
              >attending as an accompanist. We will also need room in a trunk for a
              >keyboard. Our vehicle can hold five.
              >>
              >>Ermenrich
              >>

              >----------- --------- --
              >Leonardus de Bellewode
              >Justin W. Crouch

              Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.
            • Kelfin
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 2, 2010
                The entry deadline for Queen's Prize is January 3. The website is: http://qpt2010.shireofstandingstones.org/SubmitEntry.php

                Who is entering?
                *Ermenrich and Albrecht: You're good to go, right?
                *Isabella: Have you contacted your sponsor? Please take care of this ASAP.
                *Cassandra and Eira (sorry, Allison, is this how it's spelled?): If you are signing up for Queen's Prize, please let me know ASAP. Am I sponsoring you?
                *Everyone Else: There's still time! Let me know if you have a project; we'll find you a sponsor and get you started.

                --Kasha
              • Cassandra White

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 22, 2010
                        Sorry everybody (esp. Isabella), slight change of travel plans. We won't be leaving tomorrow morning until about 8 or 8:30. Isabella, I assume you need to get there earlier than 10ish. Can we switch people around so we take somebody in our car who doesn't need to get there early?

                        Gillian (Barbara)