Yule Feast

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
      Looking at the calendar, our days are numbered to have a Yule Feast. I can offer my house on Saturday evening. Any other date is taken up I am afraid. I realize that some might be going to Kris Kinder though. If you are planning on going, let me know and if enough people are going that it would not make the Yule Feast possible that day, we can look at other options.

      Here is the plan: Everyone who attends should bring something to eat or drink. Live on campus? Bring soda or chips! Feel adventurous? Bring a casserole or side. I do allow alcohol at my house but I am VERY strict on no underage drinking. I love you all, but I also like my teaching license.

      For those that are interested, bring a wrapped gift to the party and we will do a gift exchange game. The gift should be around $5. It can be something you bough that morning from Wal-Mart, a hand made item, or something you no longer use, but has value (dirty tissues do not fall into this category). Be creative, and above all bring something others would want to have!

      Signed,
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
        After further discussion at the meeting it was decided to have the Yule Feast on Sunday at 6pm at my house (623 E. Pierce).
        It will be in garb for those that want to/can. Please bring a side to share and a gift if you want to do the Gift Exchange.

        Ermenrich
      • Kat Pogatshnik
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
          Sweet! As long as Il Spazio doesn't get swamped that night, than I'll
          be there :)

          ~Alessandra

          Matthew Lagemann wrote:

          >After further discussion at the meeting it was decided to have the Yule
          Feast on Sunday at 6pm at my house (623 E. Pierce).
          >It will be in garb for those that want to/can. Please bring a side to
          share and a gift if you want to do the Gift Exchange.

          >Ermenrich

        • eric tillotson
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2008
            What is the date on that going to be? the 14th? Looking forward to it.

            Eoin

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2008

              It’s tonight Eoin.

              -Roberto

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 7, 2008
                I was never good on activities with no notice, Unfortunately, this seems to be becoming a trend in Bellewode. While having the ability to communicate instantly with e-mail is nice, I am sometime lucky to check mine once or twice a week.  Perhaps a phone tree could supplement e-mail on short notice events? Something that we might bring up at the next meeting.  (when is the next meeting by the way? Are we having one this week with finals or holding off until sometime next year when classes resume. )

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 7, 2008
                  The event itself was posted for discussion over a week ago but no one replied to it.  On its initial posting we had Saturday but at the last meeting people found Sunday to be more conducive.  A phone tree might be a good option.  The next official meeting will be when classes resume (sometime around the 12th I think which puts our meeting on Jan 15th...)  This does not keep us from having gatherings of people still left in Kirksville on Thursdays however.

                  Ermenrich

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 12, 2009
                    Fellow Bellewodians,

                    Remember that this Tuesday we are having a Yule Feast.  Everyone on the list is invited (that includes you Allasandra).  You can also bring any significant others, even if they are not SCAdians.  So what do you need to bring?  Bring something to share for the feast.  It could be chips, desert, meat... whatever.  Also if you want to be in the White Elephant gift exchange, bring something SCA related (fabric, feast gear, book, etc.) and wrap it.  We will then play a game that involves exchanging the gift and stealing others, until everyone has one!  It is really fun and a good way to get rid of something you no longer need.  If you have any questions, just email the list.

                    Ermenrich

                  • Eric Scott
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 12, 2009
                      Mm, desert. Sand's good eatin.'

                      -E

                      On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Matthew Lagemann <mateoalanohombrealtopezold@...> wrote:

                      Fellow Bellewodians,

                      Remember that this Tuesday we are having a Yule Feast.  Everyone on the list is invited (that includes you Allasandra).  You can also bring any significant others, even if they are not SCAdians.  So what do you need to bring?  Bring something to share for the feast.  It could be chips, desert, meat... whatever.  Also if you want to be in the White Elephant gift exchange, bring something SCA related (fabric, feast gear, book, etc.) and wrap it.  We will then play a game that involves exchanging the gift and stealing others, until everyone has one!  It is really fun and a good way to get rid of something you no longer need.  If you have any questions, just email the list.

                      "A fact of life: we're going to die. Be of good heart, cry the dead artists out of the living past. Our songs will all be silenced, but what of it? Go on singing."

                      -Orson Welles

                      The Flow and the Ebb: lofro.livejournal.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 13, 2009
                          Also, our number of chairs and table space is limited.  If anyone has a card table and folding chairs they would like to bring, they would probably be helpful.

                          Ermenrich