Weekly Meetings

  • Matt Lagemann
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2008
      Weekly Bellewode meetings will be in Baldwin Hall 249 at 6 pm on
      Thursday...

      That is all...
    • Tony Oberman
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 5, 2008
        low.... on ..... sleep..... must.... talk.... like.... this.....

        Esa, your husbend had a web site for period resipes. Could you remind him to get that to me. thanks

        Matt, do you know what web site our armory friend (can't... remember... name... again...) was talking about for compairing armor from different time periods? If so could you post that. oh, and i need his email too. (AND HIS NAME) thanks

        a few sites that i promiced to post a few weeks ago:

        http://www.mailleartisans.org/index.cgi <-- for chainmail patterns

        http://theringlord.com/cart/ <-- for buying rings, or anything else a mailer wants

        side note: I think i might have settled on a name for myself... Sandarr Galmann
        its Norse. i got it from here--> http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/ONMensNames.shtml

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008

          I will get that email to you.  I do not know the website he was talking about.

          To everyone who missed going this weekend:  It was a blast!  We are SO close to have loaner armor up and running!  Also we learned alot about basic armoring, including strapping armor, which will help us keep the armor in good repair.  We had help from not only Baron Eric, but from others from their shire.  We should be thinking of a way to thank them, because the time and effort they put in (including the donation of supplies) was beyond extraordinary.

          In Service,

          Ermenrich

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008

            One thing I wanted to add:

            Tony mentioned his new name, Sandarr, and gave the website for it.  Not being familair with it, I thought I would check them out.  There are alot of good and a lot of bad Medieval Names sites.  This one seems to be a good one.  Here is how we can tell.

            If you go there the first thing the author does is let you know her sources.  This is key.  Not having sources could mean that the author saw these names in a baby names book and put them on their site.  The books she mentions are pretty darn solid.  So good job Sandarr!  You picked a pretty cool name (in my opinion at least) and the website is really good.  If others are looking for a name I suggest you take a look at the one mentioned by Sandarr to tell what a good name site might look like.  You can also check out sca.org/heraldry for other name sites.

            Ermenrich

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008

              Be sure it has dates….

              Without dates there are issues.

              -Roberto

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
                Hey is Oktoberfest this weekend or next?

                - Zenobia

                Matthew Lagemann wrote:

                >One thing I wanted to add:

                >Tony mentioned his new name, Sandarr, and gave the website for it.  Not
                being familair with it, I thought I would check them out.  There are
                alot of good and a lot of bad Medieval Names sites.  This one seems to
                be a good one.  Here is how we can tell.

                >If you go there the first thing the author does is let you know her
                sources.  This is key.  Not having sources could mean that the author
                saw these names in a baby names book and put them on their site.  The
                books she mentions are pretty darn solid.  So good job Sandarr!  You
                picked a pretty cool name (in my opinion at least) and the website is
                really good.  If others are looking for a name I suggest you take a
                look at the one mentioned by Sandarr to tell what a good name site
                might look like.  You can also check out sca.org/heraldry for other
                name sites.

                >Ermenrich

                Jamie. Learn Now

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
                  This weekend.  We can discuss travel arrangements at the meeting or on the list.

                  Matthew Lagemann wrote:

                  >One thing I wanted to add:

                  >Tony mentioned his new name, Sandarr, and gave the website for it.  Not
                  being familair with it, I thought I would check them out.  There are
                  alot of good and a lot of bad Medieval Names sites.  This one seems to
                  be a good one.  Here is how we can tell.

                  >If you go there the first thing the author does is let you know her
                  sources.  This is key.  Not having sources could mean that the author
                  saw these names in a baby names book and put them on their site.  The
                  books she mentions are pretty darn solid.  So good job Sandarr!  You
                  picked a pretty cool name (in my opinion at least) and the website is
                  really good.  If others are looking for a name I suggest you take a
                  look at the one mentioned by Sandarr to tell what a good name site
                  might look like.  You can also check out sca.org/heraldry for other
                  name sites.

                  >Ermenrich

                • Ben Goldstein
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
                    I must say I like that site. I went there and loved how they have
                    things broken down into parts of names so you can make your own. Also
                    this weeks meeting is at your house right Ermenrich?

                    Jarbjorn

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
                      Indeed, 623 E. Pierce.

                      Lagemann wrote:

                      >>One thing I wanted to add:
                      >>
                      >>Tony mentioned his new name, Sandarr, and gave the website for it. Not
                      >being familair with it, I thought I would check them out. There are
                      >alot of good and a lot of bad Medieval Names sites. This one seems to
                      >be a good one. Here is how we can tell.
                      >>
                      >>If you go there the first thing the author does is let you know her
                      >sources. This is key. Not having sources could mean that the author
                      >saw these names in a baby names book and put them on their site. The
                      >books she mentions are pretty darn solid. So good job Sandarr! You
                      >picked a pretty cool name (in my opinion at least) and the website is
                      >really good. If others are looking for a name I suggest you take a
                      >look at the one mentioned by Sandarr to tell what a good name site
                      >might look like. You can also check out
                      sca.org/heraldry for other
                      >name sites.
                      >>
                      >>Ermenrich

                    • jeff dickemper
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 17, 2008

                        these are the best sites i've found for period cooking.  Florilegium is a little difficult to navigate but has god recipies.

                      • Kat Pogatshnik
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 8, 2009
                          Is anyone going to be in Kirksville Friday (tomorrow) evening for a
                          quick run through a dance (so I can get it on video)?

                          ~Alessandra
                        • Nathanael Dollar
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 9, 2009
                            I'm in town and can help out.
                            --Ewen

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 9, 2009
                              The plan is to meet tonight at six at my house.  We will work on the dances and cement tomorrow's driving arrangements.

                              Ermenrich

                              >Is anyone going to be in Kirksville Friday (tomorrow) evening for a
                              >quick run through a dance (so I can get it on video)?
                              >
                              > ~Alessandra

                            • Katherine Schneider
                              Message 14 of 18 , May 20, 2009
                                Hey Ermenrich,

                                Are you available Friday (possibly tomorrow) evening to help me with my pattern/sewing?

                                Message 15 of 18 , May 20, 2009
                                  Friday, no.  Tomorrow... somewhat.  I have rehearsal again, but before that I am free.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 20, 2009
                                    ok, tomorrow at what time?

                                     ~Alessandra

                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 20, 2009
                                      4:30?

                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 21, 2009
                                        Sweet, I'll be there at 4:30 p.m.  (unless you mean a.m., then I am a little late...)

                                        4:30?