Re: [SCA_Bellewode] The Email In Which MacHeath Begs The Kingdom Exchequer For Forgiveness

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5 1:20 PM
      Piggy backing off of this....  Exchequer is important.  How important?  Well as a group we HAVE to have two officers and one of them has to be exchequer.  My suggestion is for someone to take over the office ASAP (say by the end of the month).  This would allow Aldheim enough time to train them in everything they need to know.  Usually this job only takes up about two hour's worth of time every three months.  Please think about this carefully.  You will be in charge of the group's funds and be one of the signatories on the account.  Thanks everyone.

      Ermenrich

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5 3:31 PM
        I suppose that I could do exchequering.

        Matthew Lagemann wrote:

        >Piggy backing off of this.... Exchequer is important. How important?
        Well as a group we HAVE to have two officers and one of them has to be
        exchequer. My suggestion is for someone to take over the office ASAP
        (say by the end of the month). This would allow Aldheim enough time to
        train them in everything they need to know. Usually this job only
        takes up about two hour's worth of time every three months. Please
        think about this carefully. You will be in charge of the group's funds
        and be one of the signatories on the account. Thanks everyone.

        >Ermenrich

        Exchequer For Forgiveness

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6 4:11 AM
          Going further off of this, do all the officers in Bellewode have deputies? If you have the people you should! It makes things so much easier when something unexpected happens like this. People move, grades fall and they drop out, get tired of the position or the SCA, and it sucks to suddenly have a void.

          In fact, my AoA is for "service to the College of Bellewode" for just such reasons. About a year or two after I joined we had a huge graduation drain and many positions became unfilled. By stepping up to take these I learned a lot about SCA operations and got to meet many people. Ask me about Caloncon sometime if I ever make it back there.

          In the Mews there's a line that says something like "The first duty of a new officer is to report to their Kingdom Superior." I would say "The second duty of a new officer is to find their replacement and train them."

          YIS from the Kingdom of Meridies

          Jacob the Singer