Can't make it

  • Susan Putney
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2008
      Due to the weather, Brian and I will not drive to Kirksville tonight.
      I'm sorry.

      In any case I was not prepared to run a game tonight. I've been
      trying to think how to get people started with a Hero Games character,
      when nobody but me has the book. ($50 online) Think I'll go with a
      much easier system, Ghostbusters as well as I can remember it.

      Start with 16 points for attributes, and distribute them among these
      characteristics: Brains, Brawn, Moves, and Cool. The average person
      will have just 12 points to distribute, so you are obviously made of
      sterner stuff!

      The game starts in a fantasy world, in an area comparable to medieval
      China. Your characters may not be noble, but they may be soldiers,
      monks, or most other professions. They may have skills and equipment
      appropriate to their profession.

      Please give your character a name, a description, and a little bit of
      personal history. "Born to a prosperous orange-growing clan, Wu was
      disappointed in love and so gave up his inheritance and joined the
      army..." or something like that.

      Magic is real, but it is rare. None of you may start with any magical
      powers.

      You will start at a harvest festival in a small inland city at the
      foot of a mountain. There is no war in the immediate area. Think of
      a reason why your character would be there.

      That's all. (smiling) Sorry we can't come tonight.