Event update

  • Eric Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30 6:25 AM
      OK, in my continuing despair at not having been at an event since ours, here's a list of events we should go to in the near future.

      September 22 - Courtly Love (Riverhold & Griffon's Mark, mda Warrenton)
      September 29 - Caravan (Ivory Keep, mda Hannibal)
      October 13 - RUSH (Standing Stones, mda Columbia)

      Courtly Love sounds fun (plus there's a Bardic Wooing competition, which I wouldn't mind participating in.) Caravan, assuming it's a similar event to previous years, is a great event and a load of fun. Especially if we push for new members, we have no reason on earth to not go to RUSH. (Standing Stones is in our back yard, people. *L*)

      I'd like to go to 2 out of 3 of them, at least... Maybe all 3, if we can.

      -Aldheim

      --
      Between my finger and my thumb
      The squat pen rests.

      -Seamus Heaney
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30 6:44 AM
        The Courtly Love event proves to be enjoyable - I believe Helena and I will
        be trying to go to that one as well.

        Also, in a bit of court news:

        This weekend at Feast of Eagles (Helena did the feast for this one and it
        was marvelous), she was awarded her Leather Mallet for cooking. Also, if
        you remember Baroness Briana from here in Forgotten Sea, she got her Calon
        Cross. And also, John and Katya's daughter Tavia got a Queen's Chalice
        (specific award for children) for many years of hard work helping with
        feasts.

        There were several other awards but those are the three that stuck out in my
        mind.

        Also, two of the representatives from Bellewode (Ermenrich and Esa) got to
        sit at head table for feast.

        Sorry more were not able to attend, but we had a blast :) Enough fun to
        share.

        -Roberto

      • Eric Scott
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 30 7:02 AM
          Big ups to Helena! (And everyone else, of course, but Helena is a Bellewodian. :-))

          -Aldheim

          --
          Between my finger and my thumb
          The squat pen rests.
          I'll dig with it.

          -Seamus Heaney
        • Esa Southwick
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30 7:57 AM
            Make sure we mark October 20th, that is our demo up here at the
            highland games.

            -Esa

            --- In SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Scott" <eric.o.scott@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30 8:18 AM
              Another event I would love to attend is coronation on
              Sept 8. I was not planning on it originally, but
              after talking with TRM's I would love to be there when
              they step down. They were such wonderful people at
              the event.

              Also, TRM's grew up in the Kirksville area and His
              Royal Majesty was a founding member of Shire of
              Thousand Hills. For those of you who don't know, it
              was the group that existed before Bellewode came about
              in Kirksville.

              We definately need to go to the RUSH event. It's an
              easy day trip event and Standing Stones has been very
              supportive of us in the past. Also it's a great for
              new people.

            • Eric Scott

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 30 8:34 AM
                  If you contact the autocrat of any event beforehand (preferably some
                  notice), and let them know how many you have coming, they will help with
                  finding crash space.

                  -Roberto