Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Highland Games

  • Eric Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2007
      Any idea what the cost of having a booth would be?

      -Aldheim

      On 7/24/07, Esa Southwick <ozark_amy@...> wrote:

      Hey, I just found out that the Highland games in Kirksville are October
      20th. Maybe we could do a demo/have a booth at that event. I found an
      email for a contact here in town. It is tvanleck@... . Oh also I
      talked to Tony today he really wants to get together, so anybody up to
      doing something in the near future? Also he was telling me about this
      viking thing up here he gave me a website, and it is pretty neat. The
      address is www.vikingsamonline.com They are going to hold an event in
      october that I think it would be fun to go to.

      -Esa

      --
      Between my finger and my thumb
      The squat pen rests.

      -Seamus Heaney
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2007
        My hope, for a not for profit, would be they would not charge. Be sure if
        you talk to them you press the point that we aren't using it for a fund
        raiser.

        But you never know.

        -Roberto

      • Esa Southwick
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2007
          I don't know much about the games, but there is an email address. If
          you guys want I can email this person and ask about a booth and
          stuff.

          -Esa

          --- In SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lewis <pretzelbear@...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2007
            I can't say, "Do it do it do it."

            But I can suggest y'all might want to heavily consider this.

            I know the Ceilidh Club dances at it every year and has a blast.

            -Roberto

          • Esa Southwick
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 24, 2007
              I just sent an email to the contact asking for information.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 24, 2007
                Sounds great! Thanks for the leg work Esa. It also
                seems that those Vikings are having an event in
                October... its a three day event with a day for the
                public. We might want to check that out....