542Symposium Update

  • Katherine Schneider
    Jan 1, 2006
      Bad news for the event, we either have to find another weekend or hold
      it off till fall/spring next school year, i've attached the e-mail that
      i recieved from HL Aemilia Sabine. If anyone has any prefrences please
      post them, but i will leave the final dicision up to Lady Helena and
      Lady Esa since they are in charge of the event.

      In other news, when would be best for a meeting time for this up coming
      semester?

      ~Alessandra

      Lady Alessandra,
      I would say No. It's not a good Idea, for either of our groups. I'm
      surprised that you would consider it! We are both small groups that
      exist in college towns. If you view the map
      http://calontir.sca.org/senesh/calontir-map.html you will see that
      there are no groups between us, and your group is between us and the
      rest of the kingdom. Also on April 1st there is a popular event
      scheduled in the Shire of Grimfells, though far away, I myself would be
      traveling to it if it wasn't a conflict.

      As well, our event has a college theme AND there will be dancing
      coordinated by No Mountain (Grinnell). It is likely our local herald
      (who is also the regional herald) Master Gawain will have a table for
      consults. This would conflict with your intent. And Since we are
      planning to have fighting that could equally draw away from your event.
      The link to our event flier is:
      http://www.uiowa.edu/~shadowda/convivium.html

      I believe there to be too much similarity between the events and as
      well- doing events the same weekend could break the bank accounts for
      both of us! Another thing to consider is that FlintHyll (Burlington,
      IA) Will also be having an event on April 23rd. And to have 3 events in
      the same region with in the same month might be possible in the center
      of the Kindom, but can make it rough for us on the ourskirts with the
      cost of travel.

      I'm sorry for any inconvenience and hope you find another date for you
      event.
      Sincerely,
      HL Aemilia Sabine.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic