1459Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Re:Fabric source/T-tunic pattern plug

    Sep 2, 2008

      I remember the Wal-Mart in Kirksville having a large corner of the store devoted to fabric and crafts. The Wal-Mart up the road has 3 tiny aisles, and only a half of one aisle has fabric, mostly prints but some broadcloth and pretty thin at that.

      There is one exceptionally good fabric store in the middle of the city (lots of silk, pavillion material), but driving 90+ miles there and back I have to be sure of what I want before I go. I'm on the very outskirts of the city. (Acworth/Cartersville)

      Going with an early Saxon persona and not wishing to wear wool I've been trying to hunt out linen for a while, or at least cotton that wouldn't felt like crazy in the wash. I did have one undertunic made of linen and it was soooo comfy.

      Speaking of tunics, I'm currently making one using the pattern I mentioned earlier. When I'm done I'm going to make one without the center insets and play with the geometry . It'll be easy to readd them later if it really needs them. If I get the blasted cellphone to download pictures correctly I'll put them somewhere.

      YIS,
      Jacob the Singer