How's this for Madness: Sir Fern Throws Down the Gauntlet

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2013
      Midrealm Bardic Madness Grows Madder Yet: Sir Fern throws down the History Gauntlet. She has been charged with collecting ... well, I'll let her explain:

      *****

      History of the Knowne Worlde in Song and Story

      Which songs, stories, tales and legends of the SCA are well-known in many different kingdoms? What are the stories and songs that transcend all of the Laurel Kingdoms to create our shared bardic heritage? Countess Sir Fern de la Foret is searching for the most widespread and popular examples of bardic arts to collect for presentation at the SCA 50-year Celebration in 2016. Performances, texts, and recommendations are welcome! This is a difficult challenge, because the goal is to find the universal themes covering all 50 years, rather than each kingdom's favorites. (The bardic history of each kingdom is also important, of course, and it will be a separate topic.)
      *****

      This challenge has been inserted into the day's schedule.

      The rest of the challenges, classes, etc., can be seen at:
          http://www.no-gorsedd.com/bmxv/

      I'm contacting all the patrons today, and am posting what I have on the classes. I've been quite dunderheaded lately, so if you expected to be a patron and haven't heard from me, or if you wanted to teach a class and it's not listed, please contact me.
      --
      Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)
      Provost, (Midrealm) Bardic Madness