Re: [SCA_BARDS] Seeking Songs for a Lau rel Elevation

  • Ursula Mortimer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013
      How about a song from the time and place of the honoree's persona?
      Would be easy or hard depending on what that is. 13th-century
      French--easy! Mongol--hard!

      Or maybe their barony or shire has a marching song or an anthem? Do
      they belong to a household? Does it have a singing tradition?

      Hope this goes well--I love song in court.

      >> 1a. Seeking Songs for a Laurel Elevation
      >> Posted by: Nancaurelia@... nancaurelia
      >> Date: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 pm ((PDT))
      >>

      >> There are so many wonderful songs that are appropriate for
      >> knightings. Does anyone have suggestions or original songs for
      >> Laurelings?
      >>
      >> Aurelia

    • nancaurelia
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013
        Master Efenwealt, you are naughty, and your clever song is now stuck in my head, just when I'm supposed to be learning a tricksy period piece!  I love it anyway!  Thank you!

        Aurelia
        For most of my friends I write a new verse of "Seven Old Laurels"

        hehehe

        =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
        Efenwealt Wystle
        aka Scott Vaughan

        On Sep 29, 2013, at 7:53 AM, SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        There is 1 message in this issue.

        Topics in this digest:

        1a. Seeking Songs for a Laurel Elevation
           From:  nancaurelia

        Message
           Date: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 pm ((PDT))

        There are so many wonderful songs that are appropriate for knightings.  Does anyone have suggestions or original songs for Laurelings?

        Aurelia

        Messages in this topic (2)

         Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

        <*> Your email settings: