One last plug for Bardstock

  • Sue Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2013
      Only 3 more days!!! Are you as excited as I for this fantastic event? http://www.bardstock.com/
      Schedule:
      FRIDAY: Sneak Peak Concert! Starts at 9:00 pm.

      SATURDAY:
      Music 12pm to 12am
      12-12:45: Steven Rodrigues-Pavao
      12:45-1:30: David Drake
      1:30-2:15: Dover Court
      2:15-3: February Sky
      3-3:45: John Kostisin
      3:45-4:30: Michael Longcor
      4:30-5:15: Lorelei Skye: Rosaleen Dhu
      5:15-6: Tom Kastle
      6-6:45: Pat Kaping
      6:45-7:30: Andrew Heinrich
      7:30-8:15: David Drake
      8:15-9: February Sky
      9-9:45: Michael Longcor
      9:45-10:30: Tom Kastle
      10:30-11:15: Andrew Heinrich
      10:30-11:55: OPEN MIKE, PERFORMERS JAM
      11:55: Closing Song

      SUNDAY:
      9:00 AM: David Drake and February Sky. Songs of the Spirit. Come join us for a diverse selection of spiritual songs, inspired by many denominations and faiths. Open to everyone. Be ready to join your voices in song!

      10:00 AM: Stephen Rodrigues-Pavao. Fado, from Troubadour to Today: Learn the history of the Portuguese National Music, and the things that make it unique.

      11:00: Tom Kastle, with David Drake. Sea Shanties and Ballads: Find out how work songs were (and still are) actually used and how to increase your volume and presence. Sing and create a sea ballad that reflects the universal community of the sea.

      12:00: February Sky. Story Ballads, Old and New.

      The weather is looking okay. Cool evenings. Friday will be lovely. Saturday during the day should be beautiful but we need a bit of a push to send the possible rain on Saturday night further north. Got that, everyone? Let's all push it the same direction! North!! Sunday we'll have great weather for the workshops. Friday night sneak preview will be in the bar but everything on Saturday will be outside so plan accordingly. Bring warm clothing and rain gear to be prepared.

      Have we mentioned that the food at the resort is great! They have a wonderful fish fry on Friday night for $12. Special on Saturday night is Prime Rib (some people like their smoked but I like the traditional) which you can get for $17 (petit cut) or $21 (for king cut). Sunday morning brunch is $12.

      In addition, there will be a special Barbecue Cookout Saturday during the day. Only $7/each for all you can eat barbecue.

      If you're in a cabin or the chalet, you will have a kitchen so you can always cook yourself if you really want to.

      And the bar will be open Friday at 4pm and Saturday at noon.

      Hope to see you there!
      Shava

      I remain, in service to the Northshield, our Society, and most of all, to the populace~~

      justShava®
      Elashava bas Riva, CL, CP,
      (mka Sue Gilbert) 3314 Ridgeway Ave. Madison, WI 53704 phone: 608.244.2845; cell 608.213.1107