OT (a bit): Bardstock II in two weeks!!!

  • Sue Gilbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2013
      Two weeks to go before Bardstock II, folks!!! http://www.bardstock.com/ There are still rooms and cabins available! Don't miss this wonderful chance to share in a weekend of music and fun!

      As a side note, tune in to Simply Folk http://www.wpr.org/programs/simply-folk this weekend if you're in Wisconsin or have access to WPR via the internet. Stephanie Elkins will be playing many pieces throughout the 3 hour show from many of our performers.

      Cheers-
      Shava

      I remain, in service to the Northshield, our Society, and most of all, to the populace~~

      justShava®
      Elashava bas Riva, CL, CP,
      (mka Sue Gilbert) 3314 Ridgeway Ave. Madison, WI 53704 phone: 608.244.2845; cell 608.213.1107
    • nancaurelia
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2013
        There are so many wonderful songs that are appropriate for knightings.  Does anyone have suggestions or original songs for Laurelings?

        Aurelia
      • Efenwealt no nickname Wystle
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013
          For most of my friends I write a new verse of "Seven Old Laurels"

          hehehe

          =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
          Efenwealt Wystle
          aka Scott Vaughan

          On Sep 29, 2013, at 7:53 AM, SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          There is 1 message in this issue.

          Topics in this digest:

          1a. Seeking Songs for a Laurel Elevation
             From:  nancaurelia

          Message
          1a. Seeking Songs for a Laurel Elevation
             Posted by:  Nancaurelia@... nancaurelia
             Date: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 pm ((PDT))

          There are so many wonderful songs that are appropriate for knightings.  Does anyone have suggestions or original songs for Laurelings?

          Aurelia

          Messages in this topic (2)

           Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

          <*> Your email settings:
             Digest Email  | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             SCA_BARDS-normal@yahoogroups.com
             SCA_BARDS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Ursula Mortimer
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013
            How about a song from the time and place of the honoree's persona?
            Would be easy or hard depending on what that is. 13th-century
            French--easy! Mongol--hard!

            Or maybe their barony or shire has a marching song or an anthem? Do
            they belong to a household? Does it have a singing tradition?

            Hope this goes well--I love song in court.

            >> 1a. Seeking Songs for a Laurel Elevation
            >> Posted by: Nancaurelia@... nancaurelia
            >> Date: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 pm ((PDT))
            >>

            >> There are so many wonderful songs that are appropriate for
            >> knightings. Does anyone have suggestions or original songs for
            >> Laurelings?
            >>
            >> Aurelia

          • nancaurelia
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2013
              Master Efenwealt, you are naughty, and your clever song is now stuck in my head, just when I'm supposed to be learning a tricksy period piece!  I love it anyway!  Thank you!

              Aurelia

                 From:  nancaurelia

              Message