Bardic Collegium at Pennsic news

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      (Please repost as appropriate)

      I haven't been diligent about promoting the Collegium this year - sorry.

      http://www.no-gorsedd.com/collegium2013/
      I've also listed the topics at the bottom of this message.

      News:
      I haven't had an overwhelming response to the Practicums (formerly "Master
      Classes"). So, first of all, I'm going to cancel the Friday session. I'll
      make a decision next week on the Sunday session.

      So if you want to take advantage of this great opportunity to work with a
      bunch of great bards on a piece of yours, please get in touch soon!

      I can still use more session leaders. The only one which is full is "The
      Crowdsourcing Muse" which will be led by Mistress Fiana and Master Dahrien.

      *****

      Session listing (note the dates and times, which are different this year)

      Monday, July 29, 5-6pm. Meet-and-greet and Ask Doctor Apollo
      The annual meet-and-greet and roundtable Congress, a general discussion
      of issues of current interest to the Known World bardic community. Please
      stop by to reacquaint yourself with your fellows gathered at Pennsic and
      join our panel in a discussion of problems and opportunities. Have a
      specific question about a problem your bardic community is experiencing?
      Bring it. Our advice is Olympian.

      Tuesday, July 30, 4-6pm. The Crowdsourcing Muse Workshop
      You're stuck. It's a great piece, or it could be. But you've got an
      ending but no beginning, a beginning but no end, or a missing middle. Or you
      don't know where to take the plot or the imagery. Or maybe it's just an idea
      and you have no idea what form (song? story? poem? or what kind of song,
      story or poem?) it should take.
      The bards of the Known World will gather to be your collective muse and
      brainstorm with you.
      Session Leaders: Mistress Fiana and Master Dahrien

      Wednesday, July 31, 4-6pm. Competition and Challenges
      We spend most of our effort at the Collegium making nice, friendly
      places for bards to sing "Kumbaya" together. But competition and challenges
      are a fact of SCA life. So let's discuss formal A&S faires and structured
      challenges and competitions - how to run them, how to particiate in them.

      Thursday, August 1, 4-6pm. R-E-S-P-E-C-T
      Bards have a hard-earned reputation - but at many times and places that
      reputation is not one you want to tell Mom about. How does this come about,
      and what can we do about it?

      *****

      Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)
      cipram (at) sbcglobal (dot) net