Midrealm Bardic Roundhouse thank-yous

  • corrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 12:06 PM
      For six years now, the Northern Oaken Gorsedd - the bardic community
      of the northeast corner of the Midrealm - has sponsored a very
      laid-back, informal, exhausting, and invigorating "bards gratia
      bardis" event called Bardic Roundhouse. This year's event topped them
      all. In addition to the usual vocal activities, this year's
      Roundhouse featured instrumental ceilidhs both Friday and Saturday
      night, to the great delight of all.

      Thanks go to to our gracious hosts, Lord Kendrick and Lady Ceit, who
      not only extended the hospitality of their scenic, wooded home to the
      event, but also auto- and food-o-cratted it as well with the
      traditional-nay-legendary Baked Potato Bar Luncheon, Afternoon Tea,
      and Evening Hotdog-and-Burger Cookout.

      Also to the baronial sponsors, Cleftlands and Brendoken, whose support
      in matters financial and physical were invaluable - especially when
      the Saturday bardic circle was rained upon and the company was able to
      retreat to the shelter of Monstro, Brendoken's ginormous pavilion.

      As class coordinator, I offer my sincere gratitude to Lady Ursula
      Mortimer, Lord Thomas Haworth, Kenshin-san, Lady Halle of Mugmort,
      Mistress Zsof, Master Cerian, Master Baron (really?) Dahrien, Lady
      Nest Bengrek, and Lady Katery Draper for sharing your knowledge and
      skills with those in attendance.

      Thanks also to Lord Thomas, Lady Mathilde, HL Julianne Beachamp, Lady
      Nest, Lady Halle, and all the others who brought out their "toys" for
      the Instrument Petting Zoo. *Eight(!)* tables were festooned with all
      manner of stringed, brass, and woodwind instruments for folk to try
      out. (The lord who bought the string bass is especially commended!)

      See you next year!

      In service,

      THL Brendan O Corraidhe