Bardic Collegium at Pennsic

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27 2:46 AM
      (Feel free to repost this.)

      The Known World Bardic Collegium at Pennsic schedule is a little wonky this
      year for various reasons we don't need to go into here :)

      As always, I'll be looking for sessions leaders (except for The
      Crowdsourcing Muse - leaders already in place).

      *****
      Friday, July 26, and Sunday, July 28, 4-5pm
      Practicums
      The practicums present an opportunity to a limited number of students to
      present a prepared piece and work publicly with the faculty. Any genre
      (spoken-word, sung, etc.) may be employed. Please keep the pieces to five
      minutes or less, to allow ample time for re-working, comments and possible
      re-presentation. Your session with the panel will probably last between 10
      and 20 minutes.
      Students wishing to be considered for the practicum must apply to the
      provost by email (see below) before July 8. Please include the title and a
      description of the piece you wish to work on. Also include a brief bardic
      bio that lets us know your experience level. The bio will not be published.
      Participation is by PRE-REGISTRATION only. Contact Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy
      at cipram (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

      *****
      Monday, July 29, 5-6pm
      Meet-and-greet and Ask Doctor Apollo
      The annual meet-and-greet and roundtable Congress, a general discussion
      of issues of current interest to the Known World bardic community. Please
      stop by to reacquaint yourself with your fellows gathered at Pennsic and
      join our panel in a discussion of problems and opportunities. Have a
      specific question about a problem your bardic community is experiencing?
      Bring it. Our advice is Olympian.
      NOTE that this is a one-hour session beginning at 5pm to avoid conflict
      with the Bardic Expo.

      *****
      Tuesday, July 30, 4-6pm
      The Crowdsourcing Muse Workshop
      You're stuck. It's a great piece, or it could be. But you've got an ending
      but no beginning, a beginning but no end, or a missing middle. Or you don't
      know where to take the plot or the imagery. Or maybe it's just an idea and
      you have no idea what form (song? story? poem? or what kind of song, story
      or poem?) it should take. The bards of the Known World will gather to be
      your collective muse and brainstorm with you.
      Session leaders: Mistress Fiana and Master Dahrien

      *****
      Wednesday, July 31, 4-6pm
      Competition and Challenges
      We spend most of our effort at the Collegium making nice, friendly places
      for bards to sing "Kumbaya" together. But competition and challenges are a
      fact of SCA life. So let's discuss formal A&S faires and structured
      challenges and competitions - how to run them, how to particiate in them.

      *****
      Thursday, August 1, 4-6pm
      R-E-S-P-E-C-T
      Bards have a hard-earned reputation - but at many times and places that
      reputation is not one you want to tell Mom about. How does this come about,
      and what can we do about it?

      Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)
      __