Re: [Pbardic] Mugmort Melees Decameron

  • corrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013
      Links you may find useful if you're not already familiar with the
      whole of the work. (My 1963 Junior Classics edition contains exactly
      THREE stories.)

      http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/decameron/engDecIndex.php

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summary_of_Decameron_tales

      On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Mark Cipra <cipram@...> wrote:
      > (I request that you repost this to local lists, Facebook, etc., as
      > appropriate.)
      >
      > Mugmort Melees (May 17-19 near Columbus, Ohio) is going to be a
      > mini-immersion event based on the Decameron! (I believe the actual event
      > theme is something like "Retreat from the Plague".) The entire event is not
      > given over to the bardic, but there will be stories from Decameron told
      > throughout the feast, and we're planning some night-time activities
      > (fire-walking, perhaps, and/or a bawdy bardic circle) and perhaps a daytime
      > bardic venue as well.
      >
      > The really fun part of all this is that this wasn't the idea of some crazy
      > bard. The feastocrat of the event proposed it!
      >
      > By report, the feast hall is actually rather well set-up for storytelling -
      > quite small, good acoustics.
      >
      > I'd like to encourage more bards to get to and participate in this event.
      > All that's required is that you prepare one or two stories from the
      > Decameron. If you want to perform during the feast (a limited number of
      > slots - contact me in advance), we'll probably want these to be toned down
      > for family consumption: "They enjoyed each other's company for a time"
      > rather than "they &^$*ed like rabbits in the spring". Evening performances
      > can go full out. Feast stories should have at least some reference to the
      > main course ingredient: crudites (on the table), pasta, chicken, pork (?),
      > dessert (cookies?).
      >
      > I've had expressions of interest from three bards (Ladies Ursula and Ketta
      > and Lord Brendan). Contact me at the address below if you're interested.
      >

      > Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)
      > cipram@...
      > __
      > "When in doubt, end with a jig" - Robin McCauley

    • corrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
        Another incredible online resource:
        http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Italian_Studies/dweb/index.php