Estrella Bardic Events

  • lady_lia_le_citolur
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013
      For those of you attending Estrella War, I will do the best I can to summarize the bardic events as I understand them. Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh WAAAAARRRR!!!!!!

      -Lady Lia <3

      Thursday – Sunday
      10:00am – 4:00pm Open Arms Bardic Performing Arts Stage in Town Square
      Returning to Estrella War, the Open Arms Bardic Hall, a performance venue, will be Co-hosting with the Atenvelt College of Bards, performances by the most gifted and talented bards, storytellers, musicians, dancers, entertainers and singers of the Knowne World. Of course, this means YOU!

      We invite you, your troupe and band of merry makers to join us in the Towne Square, Special Events Tent. Bring your stories of old, your songs of love and the poems of wars long ago. Bring your instruments loud or soft. Bring your drummers to help you dance. Share your talents as a Bard, a musician, a singer or a dancer with the best audience ever. Show the SCA the artistry and wealth it has with the Bardic community.

      To sign up for a 30 minute slot please contact Lady Belasset de Casal Drago prior to war at: tuqute@... or while at Estrella - at the Open Arms Bardic Hall, located in Towne Square, Special Events Tent. Check out Open Arms on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185257271616546/?fref=ts

      Thursday:
      10:00am Mimosas in Wonderland @ Atenveldt Royal Encampment
      The Queen is having a Tea Party… no not that Queen!! Our good Queen Damiana has said she would enjoy some entertainment during the festivities. If you have a presentation for the Queen please contact me directly so I can schedule you!

      Friday:
      3:00pm Youth Bardic Competition @ Open Arms Bardic Stage in Town Square
      Attention all youth attending the Estrella War. Do you have a talent for tales? Skill in song? A mind for music? Power in poetry? An aptitude for the arts? If so, then you are invited to participate in the Estrella Youth Bardic Competition! Our host, the Kingdom of Atenveldt's Bard of the Sun, is eager to see the youth of kingdoms near and far display their bardic skills for his panel of three guest judges. Participants must be under the age of 18. All skill levels are welcome! Performances may be solo or duo. Compete to win our judges favor! Compete to be named Youth Bard of Estrella! Compete for bardic glory!

      4:00pm Bardic Champion's Competition @ Open Arms Bardic Stage in Town Square
      I have decided to MUTINY!!!!!!! The Bardic Champions Competition has been moved from Saturday at 10am to Friday at 4pm The Atenveldt College of Bards will be hosting a Champion of Champions Bardic Competition. This competition will differ from others in the past in that it will be judged by Companions of the Order of the White Oak, former Bards of the Sun. To win this accolade is to have the respect of your peers in the Bardic Community.

      Saturday
      9:00am Esprit de Corps (Sea of Blue) Muster Sing-a-long @ Atenveldt Royal Encampment
      The armies of Atenveldt will join our King for muster as he processes to the battlefield and TRM have invited us to sing them into battle. Please come and lend your voice. The song is Atenveldtus Glorious [Lyrics by Varia the Wolfslayer (c) 1992.] There are rumors of a Bardic Competition hosted by Inara following the musical procession.

      Choral Presentation @ Grand Court
      Those who would like to sing in the one or two choral pieces proposed for Grand court should contact Lady Lia le Citolur prior to war at lialecitolur@... or in person at the Open Arms Bardic stage.

      7:00pm The 12th Olde World Bardic Festival @ Barony of Atenveldt Pavillion (Big Red)
      The Barony of Atenveldt would like to invite all Bards and Entertainers to the 12th Olde World Bardic Festival at the 2013 Estrella War. The categories are: Music-Instrumental OT Vocal and The Spoken Word. Prizes! Award Scrolls! Favours! R.S.V.P Lord Thome Spyle Synger spell542001@...

      Sunday
      10am Open Bardic Jam @ Open Arms Bardic Stage in Town Square
      All instruments, musicians & performers are welcome to join. (All levels are welcome - prepared pieces not needed)