Pennsic classes

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2013
      (Feel free to repost this to local lists as appropriate.)

      I'e been assigned the dubious distinction of being the bardic track
      coordinator for Pennsic 42. Mostly this means organizing things into a
      single class tent. I'm also taking this as an opportunity to negotiate with
      instructors occasionally to try to minimize conflicts.

      Instructor registration will be starting soon, so it's time to consider what
      you want to impart to your fellows. I have a few requests:

      Be careful to classify your classes as Bardic Arts. They may not be visible
      to me otherwise.

      It's also my goal to fill in slots in the Bardic Arts tent with classes from
      other disciplines (such as music, lit/poetry, history and culture) which
      might be of interest to bards. This will have the advantage of ensuring
      these classes don't conflict with "Bardic" classes. If you're teaching
      "Literary Gems from Celtic Culture" and decide to classify it as "Culture -
      European", drop me a line and we'll see if we can fit it in.

      Avoid requesting 4-6pm, Sunday-Thursday of War Week. This will be when the
      Bardic Collegium is scheduled. We'll also be scheduling a couple of
      Practicum sessions, probably for a similar hour, in Peace Week. This is
      hard, I know - the time you have is the time you have. Just keep it in mind
      as you schedule.

      Note that there will be NO classes at all on the final Friday this year. And
      remember, of course, that Pennsic is earlier this year.

      Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)
      __