The Bards Farewell

  • sabakakrazny
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
      written as an ending note to performances....

      The Bard's Farewell

      We have had a fine time,
      And shared some songs
      And an ale and a story or two
      But the time has come,
      As fate always requires
      That I travel and now leave you

      And if when together
      you have enjoyed my songs,
      Then perhaps we may meet again
      And if any sour note
      Has battered your ears
      I hope I can make amends

      For though we have met
      As strangers do
      By the fire of the inn
      Mayhap we can leave
      As all travelers must
      With memories of new found friends

      So I lift ale or dram
      In humble toast
      To this finest company
      That wherever I wend
      I shall remember to tell
      Of the kindness you've shown me

      And though I've had great pleasure,
      Of your grand company
      Even if only for a spell
      Alas, the time has come
      Altogether too soon
      To once more say fare well.

      Bran Buchanan
    • Marcus Antaya
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
        This is beautiful. Is there a tune?

        Gyric

        Connected by MOTOBLUR™
      • bryan gibson
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
          there is! Although I don't read or write music, Im slowly but surely making MP3s of various of my songs, this being one. I could post it here, I reckon!

          Bran

          To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
          From: lordgyric@...
          Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:56:00 -0400
          Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Re: The Bards Farewell

          This is beautiful. Is there a tune?

          Gyric

          Connected by MOTOBLURâ„¢

        • Keely
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2012
            Truly a wonderful piece! I, too, would be interested in hearing the tune.

            Keely