EK Royal College of Bards attempted revival

  • Claire S
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2011
      Greetings!
      A few of us in the Barony of Bhakail are discussing reviving the EK College of Bards. Is there anyone on this list who is interested in this project? If so PLEASE "SING OUT" :-D

      Thankee Muchlee!

      Aleksis de Broceliande, Harper
    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2011
        ME! LOL! Also currently mightily enjoying Kevan Manwaring's Bardic Handbook -
        (although English, I am over here in Reno, NV)

        Laughing,
        Captain and King
        flew over the waves
        hunting to catch the mooncoin
        sliding into the sea
        jht

        -
      • Nancaurelia@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11, 2011
          Yes, I think there's some interest.  Master Toki was asking the same question recently, and Mistress Linette has all of the paperwork from the past.  Maybe there was also some discussion at Harpers' Retreat?  I would suggest moving the conversation to the EKBards list, because some people may not be on both lists, and some folks in other kingdoms may not be interested.  Where we got stuck last time was on creating a website.

          Aurelia

          A few of us in the Barony of Bhakail are discussing reviving the EK College of Bards. Is there anyone on this list who is interested in this project? If so PLEASE "SING OUT" :-D

          Thankee Muchlee!

          Aleksis de Broceliande, Harper

        • Black Yrish
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2011
            For us newer folk, could you elaborate on what is the Ek College of Bards?

            Maddie

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 11, 2011
              I'm all for it!

              Since as Royal Champions, Jean and I area sayd to "hold the honorary position of Ollaves in the Royal College of Bards (the highest of three rankings -- one clarion per rank)" (http://www.sca.org/awards/east.html )

              *lol*

              So if the Royal College is revived, someone can tell us what positions we've been so honored by. ;-p

              (well, we kind of know the origins, Irish Men of Learning...)
              http://bit.ly/oMzHKW

              Cheerily,

              Aneleda

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2011

                The re-composition progression sounds to be a tad on the flat side at this measure... :-D The Bardic Handbook sounds interesting... Do tell please!

                Aleksis