Joy to the realm!

  • ladymorganwynndebyrd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2010
      I'm new to this. So, what do you think?

      Joy to the realm!

      Joy to the realm! The king is crowned;
      Let heralds proclaim their king!;
      Let every scribe learn his name,
      And bards and minstrels sing,
      And bards, and bards and minstrels sing,

      Joy to the land! The new king reigns;
      Pour meade in every cup;
      Then lords and ladies raise them on high,
      That we may toast and sup,
      That we may toast and sup,
      That we may, that we may toast and sup!

      (for fall crowning)

      Cheer ye people now, the warrior fresh enthroned,
      And the strength of his sword;
      He is to be our winter king,
      Of ale and ice is lord,
      Of ale and ice is lord,
      Of ale, oh ale and ice is lord,

      (for spring crowning)

      He'll rule the land through peace and war,
      And make each knight do same,
      Then upon the field in Pennsic's heat,
      In battle cry his name,
      In battle cry his name,
      In battle, in battle cry his name!
    • Justin Crouch (Leonardus O)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2010
        I rather enjoy it. :)
        But I'm a sap for filks though, so I'm biased.

        Leonardus O
        di vos incolumes custodiant

        For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight. It is for them that I die.

        On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM, ladymorganwynndebyrd <windibird1@...> wrote:

[...]

      • michael levine
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2010
           Rather liked it,good work!