Re: [SCA_BARDS] Looking for Lyrics

  • Michael Greenstein
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
      Lady Fine: might you be seeking "The Peasant Knight," by Mistress Rosalind?

      http://bardbook.flame.org/songs/528

      - Michael

      On 7/14/10 4:59 PM, Fine MacEwen wrote:

      I've lost my song book in a cross-country move and I'm wanting to find the lyrics for at least one of the songs that was in it.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it.  It's a song about a knight taking a page, who becomes a squire and then a knight in his own right.  Any ideas?

      Thanks in advance,
      YIS,

      Lady Fine MacEwen
      mka Cindy McMillan

    • Fine MacEwen
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
        I'm afraid that's not it, but I would love to learn that one.  Do you know where I might be able to hear the tune?

        Lady Fine MacEwen
        mka Cindy McMillan

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
          I believe Lady Ambra Michelli did a recording of The Peasant Knight on her cd Iron Hart. It's not exactly the same as you described, but Belt and Chain by Master Morric Haast, I believe, sounds fairly close to your missing song.

          http://houseasgard.com/data/lyrics.php

          I hope that helps.

          Larissa Mikhailovna

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Fine MacEwen <fineofpassguard@...> wrote:

          > I'm afraid that's not it, but I would love to learn that one. Do you know where
          > I might be able to hear the tune?
          >

          > Lady Fine MacEwen
          > mka Cindy McMillan
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Éadaoin ingen Chanacáin
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
            Are you thinking of "Born on the List Field?"

            Following my Fish,
            Keirin

            Would you kill him in his bed? Thrust a dagger through his head?
            I would not, could not, kill the King. I could not do that evil thing.
            I would not wed this girl, you see. Now get her to a nunnery.
            ~ Green Eggs and Hamlet ~

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
              That's it!  Awesome, thanks!!!!

              Lady Fine MacEwen
              mka Cindy McMillan

              ~~Cindy

              I believe Lady Ambra Michelli did a recording of The Peasant Knight on her cd Iron Hart. It's not exactly the same as you described, but Belt and Chain by Master Morric Haast, I believe, sounds fairly close to your missing song.

              http://houseasgard.com/data/lyrics.php

              I hope that helps.

              Larissa Mikhailovna

              --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Fine MacEwen <fineofpassguard@...> wrote:

              > I'm afraid that's not it, but I would love to learn that one. Do you know where
              > I might be able to hear the tune?
              >

              > Lady Fine MacEwen
              > mka Cindy McMillan
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Fine MacEwen
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
                I love that song, but that's not it.  I've never had the words to that one written down anywhere.  Took me a long time to learn it and I've never forgotten it.

                Lady Fine MacEwen
                mka Cindy McMillan

                Are you thinking of "Born on the List Field?"

                Following my Fish,
                Keirin

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 18, 2010
                  K... Let's try this one then: "Belt and Chain" by Master Mooric Haast of Trimaris?  :)

                  -Rathflaed

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 18, 2010
                    I see, I was premature in speculating.  :)  Teach me to go to Erin for 10 days.  Glad you found the song; it's always been a favorite of mine!

                    -Rathflaed

                    On 7/14/2010 6:27 PM, Fine MacEwen wrote:

                    That's it!  Awesome, thanks!!!!

                    Lady Fine MacEwen
                    mka Cindy McMillan

                    ~~Cindy

                    I believe Lady Ambra Michelli did a recording of The Peasant Knight on her cd Iron Hart. It's not exactly the same as you described, but Belt and Chain by Master Morric Haast, I believe, sounds fairly close to your missing song.

                    http://houseasgard. com/data/ lyrics.php

                    I hope that helps.

                    Larissa Mikhailovna

                    --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogrou ps.com, Fine MacEwen <fineofpassguard@ ...> wrote:

                    > I'm afraid that's not it, but I would love to learn that one. Do you know where
                    > I might be able to hear the tune?
                    >

                    > Lady Fine MacEwen
                    > mka Cindy McMillan

                  • Fine MacEwen
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 19, 2010
                      It's one of mine as well.  I actually sang it for the crystal flute competition many years ago at Estrella.  It's just been so long since I sang it, I was having trouble remembering the words.

                      Lady Fine MacEwen
                      mka Cindy McMillan