RE: [SCA_BARDS] Order of the Troubadour group started

  • michael levine
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2010
      Please post more about propose meeting times and activities.  I've been interested in meeting bard in the SCA but work schedules always seem to be in the way.

      Mike

      To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
      From: aneleda@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:16:07 +0000
      Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Order of the Troubadour group started

      Greetings

      Sorry to cross post this for many of us in the SCA music community but I can't think of another way to get word out.

      There is now a newsgroup for members of the East Kingdom Order of the Troubadour dedicated to setting up opportunities to meet and perform with and for each other at events. Any member of the order is welcome to join.

      I'm the moderator, please include the name under which you joined the Order with your request to join.

      Many thanks!

      Aneleda

    • aneleda
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
        Hi Mike -

        If you would like to meet your bardic community, I would be glad to try and help point you towards them! Since this is a national, and likely even international list, can you tell us where you are?

        Attending classes at SCA events are great ways to meet your local music community, as are attending bardic circles and performances.

        Are there any events you're planning on attending in the near future?

        - Aneleda
        (who is, for example, in the East Kingdom, way up in Maine)

        --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, michael levine <stupidhaggis@...> wrote:

        > Please post more about propose meeting times and activities. I've been interested in meeting bard in the SCA but work schedules always seem to be in the way.
        >

        > Mike

      • michael levine
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
          Tucso,AZ

          To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
          From: aneleda@...
          Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:42:07 +0000
          Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Re: Order of the Troubadour group started

          Hi Mike -

          If you would like to meet your bardic community, I would be glad to try and help point you towards them! Since this is a national, and likely even international list, can you tell us where you are?

          Attending classes at SCA events are great ways to meet your local music community, as are attending bardic circles and performances.

          Are there any events you're planning on attending in the near future?

          - Aneleda
          (who is, for example, in the East Kingdom, way up in Maine)

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, michael levine <stupidhaggis@...> wrote:

          > Please post more about propose meeting times and activities. I've been interested in meeting bard in the SCA but work schedules always seem to be in the way.
          >

          > Mike

        • michael levine
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
            That should have been Tucson,AZ

            To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
            From: aneleda@...
            Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:42:07 +0000

            Hi Mike -

            If you would like to meet your bardic community, I would be glad to try and help point you towards them! Since this is a national, and likely even international list, can you tell us where you are?

            Attending classes at SCA events are great ways to meet your local music community, as are attending bardic circles and performances.

            Are there any events you're planning on attending in the near future?

            - Aneleda
            (who is, for example, in the East Kingdom, way up in Maine)

            --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, michael levine <stupidhaggis@...> wrote:

            > Please post more about propose meeting times and activities. I've been interested in meeting bard in the SCA but work schedules always seem to be in the way.
            >

            > Mike

          • Marcus Antaya
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
              Fort Erie,Ontario, Canada here. SKA Rising Waters, Ealdormere.

              Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
              Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around Chaotic Neutral guy
              REMEMBER: Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

              If you would like to meet your bardic community, I would be glad to try and help point you towards them! Since this is a national, and likely even international list, can you tell us where you are?

              Attending classes at SCA events are great ways to meet your local music community, as are attending bardic circles and performances.

              Are there any events you're planning on attending in the near future?

              - Aneleda
              (who is, for example, in the East Kingdom, way up in Maine)

              --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogrou ps.com, michael levine <stupidhaggis@ ...> wrote:

              > Please post more about propose meeting times and activities. I've been interested in meeting bard in the SCA but work schedules always seem to be in the way.
              >

              > Mike

            • michael levine
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
                But what if the weasel had been caught by an eagle and they both get sucked in?

                To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com

                If you would like to meet your bardic community, I would be glad to try and help point you towards them! Since this is a national, and likely even international list, can you tell us where you are?

                Attending classes at SCA events are great ways to meet your local music community, as are attending bardic circles and performances.

                Are there any events you're planning on attending in the near future?

                - Aneleda
                (who is, for example, in the East Kingdom, way up in Maine)

                --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogrou ps.com, michael levine <stupidhaggis@ ...> wrote:

                > Please post more about propose meeting times and activities. I've been interested in meeting bard in the SCA but work schedules always seem to be in the way.
                >

                > Mike

              • Deborah Geary-Aks
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010

                  Aethelmearc here.  I am in Endless Hills (Scranton, PA).  I used to live in New York City.

                  Dearbhforgaill

                    ________________________________ To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com

                  From: lordgyric@...
                  Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:11:46 -0700