Sorry for the Interruption

  • ulvika
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2010
      Calling Citizens of SCA

      I am starting a host list for new comers. With the new membership drive taking place the Chatelaines need volunteers. I start a list in the Kingdom of AEthelmearc but will be expanding to other kingdoms. If you are willing to help out with new comers to the SCA PLEASE join the aevolunteers group.
      Thank you and remember we were all new once and some are just starting their journey in the wonderful world of the SCA. Let come together and make it magical.
      Thanks,
      Ulvika Yarboa
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aevolunteers
    • bradb@micro-link.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2010
        UUMMMhhhhhh. If this would be a list for older Bards to mentor newer Bards
        in the art of performance, I would not see a problem.

        If this is a new list specifically targeting newcomers to the SCA then I
        would ask that you go through our Kingdom Chatelain to organize this
        effort. I'm *not* saying that it shouldn't be done but I *am* saying that
        it should be 'vetted' through the Kingdom office. My Lady was the Kingdom
        Chatelain for several years and is instrumental in organizing the
        disparate local offices into an integrated whole. Our current Kingdom
        Chatelain has continued that effort through a major communication
        structure throughout the Kingdom between the Chatelains with all which
        that entails.

        If this is a new effort regarding newcomers then I believe that the proper
        protocol would be to work in conjunction with the Kingdom office of the
        respective Kingdoms where this new program would be launched. That would
        alleviate much consternation and confusion in the near future for your
        program. I also believe that many of the Kingdom Chatelains may, in fact,
        thank you for your efforts and give you some advice regarding how they
        might like to see you customize the program for their particular Kingdom.

        Give our current Chatelain a hollar at : ae.chatelain@... and
        see what she has to say.

        Stay well,

        Brada (Boda) Æthelward

        > Calling Citizens of SCA
        >
        > I am starting a host list for new comers. With the new membership drive
        > taking place the Chatelaines need volunteers. I start a list in the
        > Kingdom of AEthelmearc but will be expanding to other kingdoms. If you are
        > willing to help out with new comers to the SCA PLEASE join the
        > aevolunteers group.
        > Thank you and remember we were all new once and some are just starting
        > their journey in the wonderful world of the SCA. Let come together and
        > make it magical.
        > Thanks,
        > Ulvika Yarboa

      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2010
          On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 15:38 -0400, bradb@... wrote:
          > If this is a new list specifically targeting newcomers to the SCA then
          > would ask that you go through our Kingdom Chatelain to organize this
          > effort.

          It is also worth noting that there is a long-standing SCAnewcomers list
          and group on Yahoo already (I didn't create it, but I became the list
          owner a couple of years ago when the creator GAFIAted from the SCA).
          There are approximately 1800 members on that list currently.

          If your list is a general newcomer list, you may want to consider
          instead joining the existing list and contributing your comments there.
          I certainly don't object -- nor would I have any right to -- if you want
          to create your own list. It's not a competition. :-) I only mention
          this because I wanted you to make your decision with all the available
          information. If you do choose to create a list, I would be glad to
          exchange cross-links with you in the links sections.

          Kind regards,

          Justin

          fesswise reversed sable.

          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/