Bardic Roundhouse, June 18-20

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2010
      (Please feel free to repost)

      Bardic Roundhouse, June 18-20, is a gathering of the bardic community in
      northern Oaken and of our neighbors and friends: bards, aspiring bards, and
      those who just enjoy listening. The 2010 event will be in the same location
      - Minion Ridge, 12842 GAR Hwy, Chardon, Ohio.

      We'll sing and play and tell tales together, camp and eat together, and
      exchange a little knowledge. We're planning a full schedule of classes,
      bardic circles, roundtable discussions and other activities, along with free
      time to jam and talk.

      The site fee includes meals, and camping is a small additional fee. In
      accordance with Cleftlands policy, everyone under 18 is admitted free. Yes,
      you read that right. Free.

      The last Bardic Roundhouse was so much fun, we're keeping the basic plan
      exactly the same. Same goofy activities, same scrumptious food, same relaxed
      pace, same minion location.

      Well, not everything will be exactly the same. The activities will actually
      be all new goofy activities. There will be new classes (including a track
      for those non-bards who got bored while we yakked through the afternoon). We
      will add some fruits and vegetables to the food mix (don't worry, the potato
      bar is sacrosanct).

      The formal sponsors of Roundhouse are The Barony of the Cleftlands and the
      Shire of Eastwatch, but the event is run by Gorsedd, the community of bards
      in northern Oaken, Middle Kingdom of the SCA.

      We strongly urge pre-registration ($2 discount!) so that we can be sure to
      have enough foodstuffs on hand.

      For more information:
      http://www.no-gorsedd.com/roundhouse/

      Llywelyn Glyndwr (Mark Cipra)