Re: Muse on sabbatical

  • luciaelenascribe
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 21, 2010
      Heh - of course this'll sound biased, but I go to Bardic Madness. Not just for the challenges, but to hear how *other* people respond to the challenges, and see if that sparks something. I always come home with a few pages full of snippets and ideas.

      Other than that, I find people, and poke them (gently) until they tell me stories. Especially if they get excited or passionate about something. Some of the most fun ones start out with "Hey N'uncle Dagan - tell me about way back when you did X!" or "I know our barony has been doing X for decades, but *why* and who started it?"

      And if that doesn't work, it usually means those mental muscles are overtaxed and need their own vacation. Try something else for a while. Plant some flowers. Bake cookies. Dance. Fingerpaint. Cruise merchant's row. Watch something. Experience something.

      Z'good? Z'good :-)
      --Lucia