March Slowly With the Drum

  • sabakakrazny
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2010
      A new song for the upcomiong war season. As always, comments, critques and suggestions are welcome - I learn better that way!

      March Slowly with the Drum

      The battle is done, the war is past
      For good or ill the die is cast -
      But though we leave the field on this day
      Behind we leave friends who here must stay

      The grass was drenched with a bright red flood
      A precious gift of their valiant blood
      Nether bagpipes buzz or the trumpets sound
      For what we leave behind is holy ground!

      ( Chorus)
      So march now slowly with the drum!
      Raise the banners high and your swords as one!
      Shout aloud the names of those we leave behind!
      Bravely for their kings this day they died!

      Look up above us to the starry sky
      Swords and voices now we'll raise on high
      Sing the names of ones that we'll see no more
      So their sons and their daughters may know the score!

      They've earned their place, no matter their kingdoms crest
      For they all died giving their kings their best
      They never once balked at the price they paid
      Now we leave behind the ground in which they're laid

      (Chorus)
      So march now slowly with the drum!
      Raise the banners high and your swords as one!
      Shout aloud the names of those we leave behind!
      Bravely for their kings this day they died!

      They join the others resting in faraway lands
      Who left in the past in the king's war bands
      If they came home it t'was on their shields
      For their honor and their kings they would not yield

      So dry your tears, pray cry no more
      The time has come they stand by their Lord
      They've been called to muster, they should not be late
      They are standing the guard at Heaven's Gate!

      (Chorus)
      So march now slowly with the drum!
      Raise the banners high and your swords as one!
      Shout aloud the names of those we leave behind!
      Bravely for their kings this day they died!

      Bran Buchanan, of House Gryffonclaw, Meridies
    • Sharon Vasquez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
        is there a way to year the tune?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010

           if someone can kindly guide me to the means to record and post ity, I'll happliy do so. Ive no experience with such things, though I know they are oput there.

          Bran

          To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
          From: vasnut456@...
          Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 06:02:01 -0800
          Subject: Re: [SCA_BARDS] March Slowly With the Drum

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
            bryan gibson wrote:

            > if someone can kindly guide me to the means to record and post ity, I'll
            > happliy do so. Ive no experience with such things, though I know they are
            > oput there.

            If you get an inexpensive MP3 player with a voice record function and a
            USB cable then you have most of what you need to make archival recordings
            of your work. We aren't talking about great recordings here, just clear
            words and tunes suitable for distributing digitally. This one is a good
            choice:

            http://cgi.ebay.com/Sandisk-SANSA-C240-1GB-MP3-PLAYER-Black-SDMX7-1024-A18_W0QQitemZ230428316004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Players?hash=item35a6991164

            Download the free program Audacity if you want to edit these recordings,
            but it isn't a requirement. You can get fancier, but it isn't necessary.
            You can upload to the Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org) for free
            with a Creative Commons license. Or put them on CDs. Or you can just email
            them to people who ask.

            --
            Mathurin
            "Non nobis solum"
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2010
            atached is an MP3 or the song, enjoy, and share!

            Perhaps not the best recording everdonebutI'mlearning!

            Bran Buchanan

            To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
            From: mathurin@...
            Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:57:09 -0800