Pictures and videos from Midrealm's Bardic Madness

  • Sue Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2009
      Greetings all-

      A relative newcomer to the Barony of Jararvellir and the Kingdom of Northshield, Isolde de Lengadoc, and I made the long pilgrimage to the Shire of Eastwatch (near the Barony of the Cleftlands) in the MIddle Kingdom this past weekend to share songs, stories and challenges with bards from five kingdoms. We were not the only Northshielders to join our comrades of the Midrealm, East, Calontir, and AEthelmaerc (and a couple, including my traveling companion, were Ansteorran transplants) and it was well worth the trip. I have not the skill with words to extoll the virtue of the talents displayed that day but the range was vast and included beginners, Laurels, and even the talented Princess of the Middle Kingdom, Her Highness Ceinwen. The feast was a work of art as well, prepared by a kitchen overseen by Master Patrick Connor O'Donnell McPhelan, and served by high school students (who, although they were doing it as extra credit for a class, seemed to enjoy it as much as the more experienced SCAdians in our midst).

      I hope my pictures and videos can do justice to the day. My photos can be found at  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ 30766563@N00/sets/ 72157622862259576/ (and there is also a new album, mostly of armour, from our visit to the Cleveland Museum of Art the day before the event, found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ 30766563@N00/sets/ 72157622862164556/)

      In addition, I've uploaded another 40 (yes, 40!) videos to http://www.youtube.com/ shavasue including videos of performances and answers to challenges by Her Highness Ceinwen of the Midrealm, Toki Redbeard of the East Kingdom and his apprentice, Aoife (I didn't catch her whole name but I will learn it), Dolan Madoc from Calontir, many bards from the Midrealm, and even Northshield's own Jose São Pacian & Dahrien Cordell. I apologize for performances not recorded but there were times when technical difficulties resulted in failed attempts. Also, the quality of the videos, especially during feast, is spotty. I just hope this is a good representation of what the event was like. I will be labeling these as I can but any help in identifying the performers and corrections for titles of the pieces done would be appreciated.

      Pax-
      Shava

      Usual post-script: As always, for my  pictures, feel free to leave comments and help me label the  pictures, use any picture for SCA purposes, ask me to delete something if you don't like it via private message, or share with your friends and family.Also, please pass on the link to other lists if you wish.

      I remain, in service to the Northshield, our Society, and most of all, to the populace~~

      justShava®
      Elashava bas Riva, CL, CP,
      (mka Sue Gilbert) 3314 Ridgeway Ave. Madison, WI 53704 phone: 608.244.2845; cell 608.213.1107