Re: Didn't sucketh

  • Leah Raedaelf of Pagham
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2009
      --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick J. Hollander" <flieg@...> wrote:

      > Congratulations. Now get your next piece ready. :)

      Yep, that's what he keeps saying to me, too.... <G>
      Never satisfied, is he?

      To that end--

      To Be A Western Knight
      (Set to #353 of the Cantigas de Santa Maria)

      Swear to serve your King and your Kingdom
      In your words and in every deed.
      Bear the sword that champions the weary,
      Both in days of plenty and in need.

      With this vow, become now your King's own-
      Sworn to defend Him and our land.
      In His hall or out on the war-field
      At your King's side is where you now shall stand.

      Belt and chain shall mark you to all eyes;
      By your deeds you must keep them bright.
      Bear the weight of fealty's burden
      With your vow to be a Western knight.

      For the knighting vigil of Sir Mari Alexander

      --Was well received. :)

      Leah