Re: A Passing

  • Syele
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
      My own song in honor of Her Grace, Sir Kolfinna:

      Kolfinna's Song - October 2009

      Do not weep for a warrior gone
      For we shall drink again, ere long
      Don't look for me on hill or ridge
      You'll see me soon - I guard the bridge

      Odin called me to feast at his hall
      His valkyries came though I gave it my all
      A warrior born I gave my best fight
      Too soon I went to the land of night

      Twice I wore roses of gold and white
      I fought for my King and he called me a Knight
      From my breast sprang forth life's blood of the moon
      Hear my wound song sound - I was taken too soon

      Do not weep for a warrior gone
      For we shall drink again, ere long
      Don't look for me on hill or ridge
      You'll see me soon - I guard the bridge

      Ever did I live with fire and pride
      Chivalry and honor at my dear Svenn's side
      Remember well my laugh, recall my joyous smile
      For we are only parted for a little while

      I call on you now to live life for me
      To sing out my name to the winds o'er the sea
      I will stand fast here until the day
      When I'll walk at your side as you come my way

      Do not weep for a warrior gone
      For we shall drink again, ere long
      Don't look for me on hill or ridge
      You'll see me soon - I guard the bridge
    • Lisa Harmon
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
        They are doing a companion collection of poems for her in CAID-would you like contact information to submit this?

        alais

        ---
      • Syele
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
          I have been contacted already - I performed this for the memorial at Great Western, and the organizers found me. Thank you for the offer!

          Syele

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Harmon <asilnomrah@...> wrote:

          > They are doing a companion collection of poems for her in CAID-would you like contact information to submit this?
          >
          > alais
          >
          > ---

        • eleanor cleavely
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
            Absolutely beautiful, Syele.

            Your sister in song,
            Eleanor

            On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Syele <syeletherose@...> wrote:

            My own song in honor of Her Grace, Sir Kolfinna:

            Kolfinna's Song - October 2009

            Do not weep for a warrior gone
            For we shall drink again, ere long
            Don't look for me on hill or ridge
            You'll see me soon - I guard the bridge

            Odin called me to feast at his hall
            His valkyries came though I gave it my all
            A warrior born I gave my best fight
            Too soon I went to the land of night

            Twice I wore roses of gold and white
            I fought for my King and he called me a Knight
            From my breast sprang forth life's blood of the moon

            --
            http://eleanorcleavely.weebly.com/index.html

            "Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
            take honor from me and my life is done."
            --William Shakespeare

            Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

            Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little