A Passing

  • Lisa Harmon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009

      Untitled:

      In Honor of Sir Kolfinna

      Comes a western wind;

      Drifts a monarch butterfly;

      Paused for one moment.

      Shared, pain divided;

      Hearts, hands of friends united;

      A loved one passes.

      ~Alais de Saint Germain

      Duchess Kolfinna of Caid passed this afternoon from complications of H1N1 flu. A lover of the Bardic Arts, one of her last acts of service was to provide information of the last Crown for the Caidian poets to prepare praise poems for the fighters.

      Caid sorrows this night under the bright moon. One less star upon the land; one more shining her way to Valhalla.

    • eleanor cleavely
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
        While I did not have the honor of meeting Her Grace in person, her reputation as a warrior and as a Duchess was sterling. I am sad at heart to hear of this and will speak her name until the breath leaves my body.

        My deepest condolences to the Bards of Caid,
        Eleanor Cleavely
        Descendant of the White Oak
        Bard of Elfsea
        Kingdom of Ansteorra

        --
        http://eleanorcleavely.weebly.com/index.html

        "Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
        take honor from me and my life is done."
        --William Shakespeare

        Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

        Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little
      • Syele
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
          My own song in honor of Her Grace, Sir Kolfinna:

          Kolfinna's Song - October 2009

          Do not weep for a warrior gone
          For we shall drink again, ere long
          Don't look for me on hill or ridge
          You'll see me soon - I guard the bridge

          Odin called me to feast at his hall
          His valkyries came though I gave it my all
          A warrior born I gave my best fight
          Too soon I went to the land of night

          Twice I wore roses of gold and white
          I fought for my King and he called me a Knight
          From my breast sprang forth life's blood of the moon
          Hear my wound song sound - I was taken too soon

          Do not weep for a warrior gone
          For we shall drink again, ere long
          Don't look for me on hill or ridge
          You'll see me soon - I guard the bridge

          Ever did I live with fire and pride
          Chivalry and honor at my dear Svenn's side
          Remember well my laugh, recall my joyous smile
          For we are only parted for a little while

          I call on you now to live life for me
          To sing out my name to the winds o'er the sea
          I will stand fast here until the day
          When I'll walk at your side as you come my way

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
            They are doing a companion collection of poems for her in CAID-would you like contact information to submit this?

            alais

            ---
          • Syele
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
              I have been contacted already - I performed this for the memorial at Great Western, and the organizers found me. Thank you for the offer!

              Syele

              --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Harmon <asilnomrah@...> wrote:

              > They are doing a companion collection of poems for her in CAID-would you like contact information to submit this?
              >
              > alais
              >
              > ---

            • eleanor cleavely