new Efenwealt CD

  • Efenwealt Wystle and Scott Vaughan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009
      Did you know I have new CD out? It's called "Trouvere". Most of it is
      music from around the year 1200. Many of the tracks have lovely,
      singable translations as well as a verse or 3 in the original french or
      latin. Instrumentation includes krumhorns, plucked psaltery, harp,
      recorders, percussion, guitar, and voice. Vocals are by me and my
      lovely wife Aenor d'Anjou.

      This disc (and all my recordings) are available at
      http://kunaki.com/msales.asp?PublisherId=119150 (at the bottom of the
      page)
      Downloads and listening samples at
      http://www.soundclick.com/efenwealtwystle

      Track list includes:

      1. Ductia - a pretty kick-ass arrangement of this medieval
      instrumental dance if I may say so myself.

      2. Cantiga de Arielle - contrafactum to the tune of one of the
      Cantigas de Santa Maria (circa 1250). I wrote it many years ago in
      honor of the late Duchess Arielle the Golden. It was her first time as
      Atlantia's Princess and she sat through an entire day of bardic
      competitions, helping to judge simply because I'd asked her to. A
      portion of the proceeds from this disc are being donated to help cover
      costs of her treatments before her recent departure from this earth.

      3. Ja Nus Hons Pris - This piece by Richard the Lionheart tells of his
      captivity in Austria on his way back from the crusades. Translation is
      by my apprentice Silence de Cherbourg

      4. Domino Fedelium - latin piece from Notre Dame circa 1200

      5. E, Dame Jolie - Spiffy new recording of this trouvere song circa
      1200, translation by me.

      6. Heloise & Abelard - Spiffy new recording of this original piece by
      me, based on the 12th century romance and calamities of Pierre Abelard

      7. Quant Je Voi Yver - a song by the trouvere Colin Muset circa 1200,
      translation by Master Olivier deBayonne

      8. Eccola Primavera - 14th century italian spring song. Pretty cool
      arrangement.

      9. Another Cantiga - instrumental version of this 13th century piece

      10. Por Mon Cuer - a trouvere song circa 1200 translated by me.

      11. En ma Dame - spiffy new recording of this trouvere song circa
      1200 translated by me.

      12. Nocturne for Good Friday - lyrics by Pierre Ableard (circa 1100),
      translated by Helen Waddell, set to music by me.

      13. Sic Mea Fata- a goliard piece from the Carmina Burana, sung to the
      original tune (NOT Carl Orff), translation by me.

      Hope you like. It's good fodder for performing arts competitions,
      playing at demos or events, or bringing something "authentic yet
      entertaining" to a bardic circle near you.

      -Master Efenwealt Wystle
      http://camelot-treasures.com

      PS - if you're looking for a great CD duplicator, I highly recommend
      Kunaki.com - not only do they have exceptionally low prices, but they
      also have no minimum orders, no set up fees, and will even handle
      online sales for you for a very small commission.