Bards and Bows - Shire of Sterlynge Vayle - Kingdom of AEthelmearc -- September 12, 2009

  • Lady Briant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2009
      Sorry for the crossposting everyone, but I wanted to get this out to as
      many Bards as possible. If you are interested in "Singing for your
      Supper" please note that this is limited to 4 individuals. These will be
      awarded on a first come, first served basis. Further information
      regarding the bardic competition will be posted in August.

      In Service,
      Lady Briant of Glamorgan

      The Shire of Sterlynge Vayle welcomes all back to the new Damp Dragon
      Inn for Bards and Bows on September 12, 2009. This event will be held at
      Camp Amahami, 434 Page Pond Road, in Sanford NY. This is the same
      beautiful site where Barony Wars is held. (Hopefully it will be a lot
      drier!) The site opens at 8:00 AM and closes when everything is clean on
      Saturday night. Anyone still lingering after 9:00 PM will be pressed
      into service for site clean up. To encourage you to arrive early to
      enjoy the full day’s activities, there will be a pancake and egg
      breakfast for a small charge from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.

      This event will offer archery events of all kinds including combat
      archery, royal rounds, and team archery combat. Though this event does
      focus on archery, we will not be ignoring those who want to whack people
      with big sticks. We are planning a heavy weapons tourney, as well as
      fencing combat.

      In keeping with the bardic theme of the event, we are hosting
      performance events, such as music, singing, and poetry recitals. Bards,
      come and sing for your supper! Those who wish to entertain during the
      day or during the feast will be offered our wondrous feast at no charge!
      (Limited to the first bards who pre-register to claim this reward.)

      As always, a wondrous feast is being planned for you to enjoy. Sterlynge
      Vayle is proud of its well-deserved reputation of serving wonderful
      feasts. We will be savoring the cooking of Lady Anne Diarmat. Please
      contact her at least two weeks in advance at _anneneib@...
      <mailto:anneneib@...>_ with any dietary concerns, including the
      need for vegetarian dishes, as we cannot adjust the menu that day. There
      will be limited seating for feast, so be sure to get your reservation in
      early.

      The cost for this event is $18.00 onboard/$9.00 offboard. Both will
      include a sideboard lunch. Minors aged 13 – 17 are $14.00/$7.00,
      children aged 5 – 12 are $10.00/$5.00, and babes under 5 are welcome at
      no cost, so bring the whole family. Breakfast is $2.00 for those aged 13
      and up, and $1.00 for children aged 0 – 12. We will be collecting the
      NMS of $3.00 from anyone not carrying proof of SCA membership. Please
      make checks payable to “SCA, INC. -- Shire of Sterlynge Vayle”. Send
      your reservations to: Lady Caitríona Fhail inghean Uí Chonaill, called
      Kayley (mka Michele Greenmun) at 65 Baldwin Street, Binghamton, NY
      13903. As this is just a one day event, there is no camping or sleeping
      space available at the site.

      As part of our effort to minimize site fees, we will be hosting a silent
      auction of items created by our talented populace. Donations are always
      welcome. Anyone wishing to teach a Bardic or Archery class is
      encouraged, just contact the Autocrats. Merchants are welcome with no
      fee, but an item donated to the silent auction is encouraged. Please
      contact the Autocrats and tell them how much space you would like.
      Please address any other questions or concerns to the Autocrats, Lady
      Caitríona Fhail inghean Uí Chonaill, called Kayley (mka Michele
      Greenmun), phone: 607-621-2122, e-mail:
      _kayleyofsterlyngevayle@...
      <mailto:kayleyofsterlyngevayle@...>_, living at 65 Baldwin Street,
      Binghamton, NY 13903 and Lady Briant of Glamorgan (mka Deborah Gorton),
      phone: 570-396-0537, e-mail: _ladybrian@...
      <mailto:ladybrian@...>_ , address: 57 Chapel Street, Windsor, NY
      13865.

      Site rules: No fires outside of already established firepits and
      fireplaces. We are working on permission to make this a damp site.
      Smoking is strictly limited to the parking lot *only*, and please police
      your butts. No animals except for service animals. Please avoid using
      incense and scented candles. Please be aware that cell phone service is
      unpredictable at the site.

      DIRECTIONS: Find your best route to NY Route 17, EAST of I-81. East on
      Route 17 until you reach Exit 82. Exit the highway and turn left onto
      Route 41 North toward Sanford Drive 3.9 miles and turn right onto North
      Sanford Road. North Sanford Road will shortly and sharply curve to the
      left, as should you. Continue on North Sanford Road approx. 1.4 miles
      until you discover Page Pond Road on the left. There is a small Amahami
      sign at the corner. (If you reach Heath Road on the right, you went too
      far.) Turn onto Page Pond Road (unpaved!) & slowly drive the approx. 2
      miles to the camp. Fletcher Lodge is on the right and the parking lot is
      on the left. The drive down to the Main Field is down hill from Fletcher
      Lodge.