OT: Searching for a Filk

  • Paul DeLisle
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2009

      Hello, Group:

      I have a problem that is completely Off-Topic  for the SCA…but I was hoping someone might be able to help me with it.

      I’m looking for an electronic version of Dr Jane Robinson’s “Muscles of the Kitty Cat”.

      (My cassette tape of it died lo, these many decades ago…*S*)

      It was on her original release “Dr Jane’s Science Notes” (later re-released as “Wackademia”…but without that wonderful song.)

      I am familiar with all the Dr Jane/John information…I have found the transcription of the words, etc; and I have searched the IntarWebz fruitlessly for this song. (Yes…I have even searched in the darker/Lime-ier/Bear-ier/Share-ier alleys…I mean…someone who might have looked like me…but *certainly* wasn’t…)

      Can any kind soul out there help me?

      Thank in advance

      Alden Pharamond

    • Rowan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2009
        If nothing pans out here, you might check on this Live Journal community:
        http://community.livejournal.com/filk/

        You can have a free LJ account.

        Dame Rowan
        An Tir

        aka on lj as seticat

        Paul DeLisle wrote:

        Hello, Group:

        I have a problem that is completely Off-Topic  for the SCA…but I was hoping someone might be able to help me with it.

        I’m looking for an electronic version of Dr Jane Robinson’s “Muscles of the Kitty Cat”.

        (My cassette tape of it died lo, these many decades ago…*S*)

        It was on her original release “Dr Jane’s Science Notes” (later re-released as “Wackademia”…but without that wonderful song.)

        I am familiar with all the Dr Jane/John information…I have found the transcription of the words, etc; and I have searched the IntarWebz fruitlessly for this song. (Yes…I have even searched in the darker/Lime-ier/Bear-ier/Share-ier alleys…I mean…someone who might have looked like me…but *certainly* wasn’t…)

        Can any kind soul out there help me?

        Thank in advance

        Alden Pharamond

      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2009
          On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 20:22 -0500, Paul DeLisle wrote:

          > It was on her original release “Dr Jane’s Science Notes” (later
          > re-released as “Wackademia”…but without that wonderful song.)

          We have most of her stuff, but I'm not sure if we have Dr. Jane's
          Science Notes. I'll have to check our collection.

          Justin

          fesswise reversed sable.

          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/