Re: [SCA_BARDS] Re: Gaping hole in skillset help?

  • Sharon Vasquez
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 2, 2009
      I'm in Eldern Hills, a barony of Ansteorra.  My first feast will be in May (Excited!) so there has to be a commemorative filk.  So far, I'm thinking "Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini"--
      It was a finger-lickin',
      honey-chicken,
      Oh my God the times a-tickin.
          Well, that's it so far. or maybe
      Saffron,spices
      somethin'-rice
      is that the pottage?
       cook it twice.
          Obviously must think harder.
      Thanks, Lovey
      Lady Gillian

      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 2, 2009
        I'm already in love with it. You must share the finished version.

        Leonardus

        ----------------------
        Leonardus de Bellewode
        Justin W. Crouch
      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 2, 2009
          On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 08:32 -0500, Justin Crouch wrote:
          > >It was a finger-lickin',
          > >honey-chicken,
          > >Oh my God the times a-tickin.
          > > Well, that's it so far. or maybe
          > >Saffron,spices
          > >somethin'-rice
          > >is that the pottage?
          > > cook it twice.
          > > Obviously must think harder.
          > >Thanks, Lovey
          > >Lady Gillian

          You're off to a great start!

          By way of offering inspiration...

          She was afraid to come out of the kitchen.
          She was afraid of what people would say.
          She was afraid to go into the feast hall.
          So inside the kitchen she'll stay.

          It was a finger-lickin' honey chicken
          Omigod! The time's a-tickin'
          That she served for the first course tonight.
          A finger-lickin' honey chicken
          It's too raw -- that bird's still kickin'!
          Back to the oven, before it takes flight!

          fesswise reversed sable.

          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
        • Justinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 2, 2009
            On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 08:32 -0500, Justin Crouch wrote:
            > Sharon Vasquez wrote:
            >

            > >I'm in Eldern Hills, a barony of Ansteorra. My first feast will be
            > in
            > May (Excited!) so there has to be a commemorative filk.

            Ooooh.... Don't forget that spoken intro to the refrain ("One, two,
            three, four, tell the people what she wore" in the original).

            May I suggest:

            "Two, four, six, eight, try to guess what's on your plate!"

            Feel free to use, adapt, ignore, or discard any of my contribs as you
            see fit. No offense taken if you don't like any of them, as they're just
            random sparks from the coals of my brain. :-)

            Justin

            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 2, 2009
              That's hilarious!  I can borrow, right?

              --
              ()xxxx[]:::: ::::::::: :::::> <::::::::::: :::::::[] xxxx()

              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 2, 2009
                On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 13:41 -0700, Sharon Vasquez wrote:
                > That's hilarious! I can borrow, right?

                Be my guest; it was my intent that you could use the lyrics if you
                wish. :-)

                Justin

                fesswise reversed sable.

                justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
              • Stephen R. Melvin
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 4, 2009
                  And you can also look for inspiration to Master Ioseph's Itsy Bitsy
                  Teeny Weenie Little Rabbit Fur Bikini...

                  -Rathflaed