Gulf wars Bard

  • amalthea_von_thungen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2009
      Does anyone know who won Gulf Wars Bard?

      Molly
    • Sárán
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25, 2009
        Aye, Cap'n Molly!

        I can tell the tale of the Gulf Wars' War Bard competition.

        Trimaris fielded only three bards in an attempt to hold the title.  Alas...Calontir, Ansteorra, and Gleann Abhann each brought forth greater numbers in pursuit of the title than did Trimaris.  And for the first time, Meridies did provide bards to take the stage.

        Dramatics, poetry, and song were put before the three judges.  They had a challenging time in deciding the winner.

        In the end, Calontir claimed the bragging rights for this year.  The Three Rivers Players were proclaimed the winners of the competition and hold the title of Gulf Wars War Bard for GW XVIII.

        Saran

      • Eilidh Swann
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2009
          > Trimaris fielded only three bards in an attempt to hold the title.
          > Alas...Calontir, Ansteorra, and Gleann Abhann each brought forth greater
          > numbers in pursuit of the title than did Trimaris.  And for the first time,
          > Meridies did provide bards to take the stage.

          And for the first time, Caid fielded in the competition.

          With documentation for a ghazal penned in honor of a former Queen of
          Caid, I sang my original composition to represent Caid upon the stage.
          And although I did not win, I felt very good about being prepared,
          having re-memorized a piece I hadn't worked on in 2.5+ years, and
          performed it with the best of my ability.

          Watch out for Caid. We'll be back. *wink*
          Dame Eilidh Swann ** Cat Ellen ** eilidhswann at gmail.com
          Caidan Google Calendar: http://tinyurl.com/5gmdhy
        • amalthea_von_thungen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2010
            I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the upcoming war bard competition at Gulf Wars? Is it still happening? If it is, does anyone know what the theme will be this year?
            I was just wondering because it is only a few months off and I haven't heard hide nor hair of it and by this time last year announcements had already been made.

            Thanks guys,
            Amalthea/Molly