My Apologies, here is the Information on the Sept hands A&S event

  • Liam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      2nd Annual Arts and Sciences
        "For Hands" Event
      Hosted By The Barony of the Shattered Crystal

      Location; Camp Piasa in Pere Marquette State Park
      Grafton Illinois
      September 13, 2008

      Site fee is $10.00
      This covers the use of the cabins and cots
      for friday and/or saturday
      (you must bring your own linens)

      Day tripping is possible
      the camp is considered handicapped accessable

      their will be a continental breakfast saturday morning
      a light lunch will be available, and
      Feast will be saturday evening and will cost $10.00

      The current class list includes

      brewing meade and saki
      honey and it's uses
      period cooking with honey
      warping a loom
      tapestry
      archery standards in the current middle ages
      fighting techniques
      making a renaissance chemise
      drape method of fitting
      haberdashery
      making a T tunic
      middle eastern dance
      middle eastern drumming (doumbec and djembe)
      an herbal overview

      If you would like to teach a class or do a presentation on another subject, please contact  the Moas,
      Laird Liam Meyrick 618-235-4492 or email liam_meyrick@...

      Event contacts are Mistress Caroline de Mercier 618-295-2907
      and Lady Cellach niTighearnaigh 618-235-9493

      We do hope to have a bardic circle with a roaring fire - weather permitting - after the feast.