The SCAdian Next Door

  • Jeff Suzuki
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2008
      My latest; feel free to add verses...the tune is "Son of a Gambolier"
      AKA "Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech" AKA "Godiva" AKA "Engineer's
      Drinking Song"...
      ================
      Chorus
      We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the S C A.
      We go, we go we go we go medieval ev'ry day.
      We're closer than you think we are, we live right next to you.
      And here's a few things that you might have heard or seen us do!

      An archer shot his bolt and knocked the king about the head.
      His knights and squires and men at arms all thought that he was dead.
      They went to the ER unchanged, this fully armored flock.
      The king was fine, it was the nurse who went straight into shock!

      Chorus

      An ice storm cut the heat and lights in sunny Montreal.
      Before the tenants froze to death, Dame Freya saved them all.
      She said "I've got my camping gear and fifteen quarts of stock."
      And so she fed and clothed and housed a frozen city block.

      Chorus

      A driver rolled his car while gawking at our Pennsic site.
      A group of our own EMTs made sure he'd be all right.
      Imagine his surprise to hear when consciousness arose
      A Viking with an axe and shield say "Can you move your toes?"

      Chorus

      There was a Baron Master who'd been in since A.S. One
      There was a comely college lass who thought to join the fun.
      She walked into her first event and saw him dressed in blue.
      She said "Professor, this is cool, I think you should join too!"

      Chorus

      The TV news said "We regret an error we have made.
      About a group you saw last night in Oddballs on Parade.
      We showed some mystic pagan rite in moonlight on the grass
      We've been informed it was a Priest reciting Latin mass."

      Chorus

      A trucker swerved and lost control and spilled his lumber load.
      The beams of pine and cedar stopped all traffic on the road.
      Some fighters said "We'll move this wood, how long can clearing take?"
      They wore their tabards yellow red and orange for safety's sake.
      http://www.geocities.com/jeff_suzuki/nextdoor.htm