Re: [SCA_BARDS] Arrgh! Here's the mayday links (sorry forget!)

  • jenny tavernier
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
      Mayday in General (Beltaine)
      http://www.infoplease.com/spot/mayday.html

      Mayday in Padstow, Corwall, and the Obby Oss festival
      (hey - get your bells on!!!)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padstow

      jen

      Insight into bards and scribes:
      thus as poetry bore them -
      unfortunate word-slaves
      oft found unconscious
      along lay lines

      ©2003/07JHT

    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2008
        I practically died when this came across another list - had forgotten -
        a bit dated (anarchistically - like 60s? But in the right spirit!!!!

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg4YrOlAkds

        jenny tavernier <lyricdancer88@...> wrote:

        dusty shoes
        crusted with accumulated dreams
        turn a patina
        the color of unreached destinations

        ©2003/07JHT

      • Marcus Antaya
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2008
          Well if we're going there...

          First of May, Jonathan Coulton...NSFW, but awesome song...

          WARNING...song will be stuck in your head for a minimum of 1 week...

          Gyric

          jenny tavernier <lyricdancer88@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          dusty shoes
          crusted with accumulated dreams
          turn a patina
          the color of unreached destinations

          ©2003/07JHT

          Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
          Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy
          REMEMBER: Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

        • Anjuli
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2008
            No, let's not go there! :-) I teach "Camelot" in my Broadway class at
            Allegany College, and this is a travesty! I hate to be a purist, but if
            you're going there at all, go to the original -- Julie Andrews and the
            original Broadway cast.

            Anjuli